Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...when did you start hearing wedding bells? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if we think marriage, as much as just being together. We always tease each other about serving each other Ensure coladas/Ensure puddings in the nursing home.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

It didn't take my SO and I long to think about the future and marriage. We talk about it a lot and it's definitely something both of us want in the future. He brings it up all the time, being a married couple one day with a family is something we really look forward to in the future

Comment

it took us 2 months lol.. to realize we wanted to be together forever...... soon... dec 17th!

Comment

With me and my SO, it actually didn't take long... XD Only about 2 or 3 months into the relationship, I had sent him one of my senior pictures. All I heard was a little "wow" on the other end of the line, and after a minute or so more of silence, he admitted to me that I was the only woman he had ever pictured in a wedding dress, and it was because of the photo I sent him. We've talked about spending the rest of our lives together since that day, but it will be quite some time before that's solidified in a legal bonding

Comment

He started talking about it just a couple of months after we started going out, lol and his parents even joked about us having a shotgun wedding so I could stay in Australia instead of having to go back to the UK for uni lol. we started talking about it seriously about 5 months after we started going out. And then just over a year after we started going out he bought my dream engagement ring but I asked him to wait until I turned 20 to actually propose, just because I think my dad would be more comfortable about it and be happier for us (he's quite traditional and conservative).

I knew from the moment we first kissed that he was the one
            I'm living off £10 a week for 9 months to raise money for 4 charities (Tommy's, Home-Start, Lupus UK and Hughes Syndrome Foundation)
            please visit my blog and sponsor me! https://10poundpom.blogspot.com/
            It's really easy to donate, you just go to the blog link, click on the Just Giving links at the top right hand side, and then click donate! It literally takes 30 seconds to fill in the details in order to donate and it will make such a difference to these amazing charities! Every donation is greatly appreciated, no matter how small!

'The reason it hurts so much to separate....is because our souls are connected'

Comment

I think it was a few weeks, maybe a month, after we started dating. I already knew that I wanted to marry him, but I didn't really think it would happen until then. Nothing special happened, it was just me going, "Wow, I think this could really work out in the long run!"

We're not officially engaged or anything, but we do have plans to get married as soon as we can make it work. He just wants to propose in person. :P
              sigpic

Comment

Three months after we began dating, we started saying thing like, "If we get married, let's do this or that..." and slowly over time the "if" changed to "when."

We've been dating 3 years and 3 months now, and he's been hinting he's going to propose to me in August when I see him!

Comment

We been together just about 2 years, and I can see myself with Nathan now, and i would have daydreams and imagine my life with him all the time but probably about 6 months into our relationship, after i told my parents, because i knew i loved him before then, but by then i was like oh, this is really serious. And we've brought up marriage throughout our relationship, like ive shown him wedding dresses i like, we've watched proposal videos on youtube, hes told me recently when he was working at a wedding that he could picture us. And everytime we have these talks i get so high on love but i try not to think to far ahead. Silly but i don't want him to think im pressuring him, and to be honest im really scared of not meeting his expectations when we first meet, silly maybe but i do have this little fear so i try not to let myself think farther ahead until we meet and i see he still wants me just as much as i want him. But! lol i can't help it sometimes, i'll be watching a romantic movie or reading a book then totally space out and imagine me and Nathan together. I could definatly see me being his wife, so lol well see what the future holds. Right now were still young and theres no pressure or rush, so im just enjoying getting to be with him now.
                  I love you Nathan <3
                  sigpic
                  5/25/09 <3

Comment

It didn't take us long, the first time we met (2006) he spent 2 months here (left mid-august), then one night about a month after he left I got a message on my phone telling me how he'd had a horrible dream in which I'd cheated on him. After a few messages back and forward of me reassuring him he sent me this (yes, I still have it on my phone) "I'll let you get some sleep now. I just had to tell you about the dream and let you know i love you. I never want us to end. I want nothing more than to marry you some day becca, and spend my life with you. I love you i love you i love you."

There was a definite 'awwww' moment from me and lots of butterflies. I thought it was so sweet and I told him how much it meant to me to hear him say that. I guess since then, we always just expected to be together for a long time. It has been brought up every now and then, but we've never talked about it in a lot of detail. I don't know what he's thinking, but it's possible it may happen in the near-ish future, if only to make it easier for us to be together.
                    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                    First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
                      And everytime we have these talks i get so high on love but i try not to think to far ahead. Silly but i don't want him to think im pressuring him, and to be honest im really scared of not meeting his expectations when we first meet, silly maybe but i do have this little fear so i try not to let myself think farther ahead until we meet and i see he still wants me just as much as i want him. But! lol i can't help it sometimes, i'll be watching a romantic movie or reading a book then totally space out and imagine me and Nathan together. I could definatly see me being his wife, so lol well see what the future holds. Right now were still young and theres no pressure or rush, so im just enjoying getting to be with him now.
                      This right here, lol. I feel exactly the same way about my SO.
                      I guess it started for us about 3 months into our relationship when I accidently said something about us living together and he followed up by saying he couldn't wait till that day, and since then we've had a number of discussions about the future, but we don't like to go into too much detail until we've had the chance to meet in person, but I can definitely see that he's the boy I want to spend the rest of my life with, and he tells me all the time he can't wait to spend his life with me
                      You never forget your first love...

Comment

I knew basically right away. He says he knew before we started dating. But we didn't talk about it until we were already dating for 2 months. A year later, we're counting down to our wedding day. A year and 10 months left!

Comment

We knew each other for 11 years before we began dating....I started hearing wedding bells even before we were together, I'd say around July of last year I knew. But, this past year has only made it much stronger. I've been dying for him to propose to me the past few months, but I guess because we're so young he isn't thinking about it. (We're both 19 years old) Though he did tell me that he will love me forever on our anniversary.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

when we had like 6 month dating. I'm not afraid of it, actually I'm ready to get married, but he is not (after 1 year and 8 mnth together, he is 28, Im 27) and now he had to move far from me because of his job :s If we get married for me would be much easier to follow him and move there, but without it I can't, I have to stay here I dont understand why he is not ready? He cannot even tell me how long it will take him to get there or what can make him be ready

Comment

Well, after our second visit (me going there), we had to have a talk about where this was going. Because both of us hate the long distance thing.. we needed to figure out if we were going to stick it out or not. I'd say, about 5 months into our relationship, we decided that one day we are going to get married. He's ready to marry me now, but I'm not. I'm still young and need to make sure we can stand each other living in the same house, let alone the same country. It's one thing to talk on the computer everyday, it's another to be around each other 24/7. I hope I marry him though He's everything I could ask for.

Comment

I've kind of known for awhile that he's the perfect guy for me, but it wasn't until we had been going out for about 10 months that I realized he is THE ONE I want to spend the rest of my life with.

An engagement is still a long ways off though...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X