Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming the wedding online

Hello all,

So as many of you can maybe relate to as ours is a LDR, many of my guests will not be able to attend.

So me and my SO would love to be able to stream our wedding online (Ideally by just paying a professional to do it)

I've looked at these two websites so far.

https://marrymelive.com/

https://www.idostream.com/

Anyone have any advice about this sort of service. Most importantly - does anyone know anyone that has used a service such as this and can recommend a company/individual?
    Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Anyone?

No LD couples done or even considered this for their wedding??
    Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

Comment

I think this is a great idea, but unfortunatey I don't have knowledge of either of these two places. I've watched a wedding online though, when one of the partners of the law firm that I work for ran off and got married in Vegas, they sent the office a link so we could see it happen. It was really cool, and I think those that cant make it would really appreciate the thought of including them this way

Comment

Aw, thank you. I thought so too

Do you happen to know what site/company they used?

Comment

I'm going to be doing something of the same sort for my wedding, but I confess I haven't looked around yet, sorry!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Wow, I checked the price of the first one - that's crazy!

Comment

I hadn't even thought about doing this! That's amazing!

Comment

Oh, before i forget - many places offer streaming video as part of their package. You should consider that - you might find a place that includes it for a reasonable price.

Comment

I'm not planning a wedding or anything, but i think this is a great idea!

Comment

I know Silviar - its heartbreaking isnt it? I had the idea at first for friends, particularly our online friends that are part of the group where we met. Then decided against it for costs. But THEN I found out my Nan wont really be up to the travel and high altitude and such and its heartbreaking to think she wont be able to see it. *Sigh*

I need to do some more research into videographers in the area. I emailed one, recommend through one of the companies but they were really unhelpful and actually kinda rude. Thats a sure fire way to lose me as a customer I tell you!

If I get any further with research I'll be sure to let y'all know. If anyone finds out any info please do pass it on!

Comment

I think that sounds like a great idea. A lot of videographers will stream the wedding online as part of a package rather then hiring a seperate company. I do not know anything but those companies though.

What me and my SO plan on doing after the wedding when we come back from the honeymoon is having a BBQ at my home and having a BBQ at his home for those who can't make it (we're also having our wedding at the halfway point so that hopefully a good majority of the people will be able to make it). We will show our wedding video at the get togethers, and have a little get together all dressed up in my dress and his tux.

Comment

Aw, that's a really lovely idea. We were thinking of having a get together in London for my lot that can't make it. Didn't even think of playing the video, or showing photos etc!

Yeah, I'm not too convinced about those companies so maybe I'll talk to some local videographers and see what they say. Better get my skates on. One more thing to do before I leave!

Comment

I really want to do this too! It's a great idea to stream it!
                          We've also decided to get a blessing in my home town for the people who can't make it out to Australia and can't view the video stream/link (the older members of the family lol)
                          I'm living off £10 a week for 9 months to raise money for 4 charities (Tommy's, Home-Start, Lupus UK and Hughes Syndrome Foundation)
                          please visit my blog and sponsor me! https://10poundpom.blogspot.com/
                          It's really easy to donate, you just go to the blog link, click on the Just Giving links at the top right hand side, and then click donate! It literally takes 30 seconds to fill in the details in order to donate and it will make such a difference to these amazing charities! Every donation is greatly appreciated, no matter how small!

'The reason it hurts so much to separate....is because our souls are connected'

Comment

I think I'll just film my whole wedding and then edit the important bits for everyone to see in here - it's cheaper and I get to cut out the parts where someone from my family messes around drunk

This is a cool idea though! I hope you can do it

Comment

We didn't stream our ceremony, although a few friends/family had asked us if we were going to. We did have it professionally filmed though, and they gave us a beautiful DVD of the ceremony, as well as bits from before and after all nicely edited together.

Since only one friend (and no family) from my side could make the trip to Scotland for our wedding, Scott and I will have a reception-type party again in the US next time he's over here with my family and friends, I think we'll play the ceremony/wedding DVD, then have a party to celebrate it all over again

It's not the same as friends/family getting to witness it (and therefore be part of it) real-time as in streaming it live, but it's the next best thing.
                              We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

Working...
                              X