No announcement yet.

Fiance coming dress shopping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want my SO to see my dress before I walk down the isle, because I just think it is a special moment.

I would just ask him to sit outside, and go with his mom. It would be a special bonding experience for you two. Listen to your gut though!

Comment

I agree with the posters that say take his mom or a close female friend of his so that you can bond with them which is always great in a relationship because you will be blending lives and its good to get to know the people in his life and you get a second opinion on the dress. You could also send pictures to your friends and ask what they think of the dresses you have picked and if there are any reviews on the dress from other brides. I also think that asking some of the women on here that are also planning weddings what they think of the dress maybe take a video while you are there so your friends can see it from all angles and then ask friends. You don't plan on buying it in that store anyway so there isn't too much pressure.

Comment

Yes I definitely need someone there, so leaving him outside is not an option. If his Mom is busy (I think they will be going to Florida sometime in June/July), I'll just have to take him, then see how I feel about him seeing it vs blind-fold hime. He suggested taking pictures... but I know it's because he'll want to keep looking at the pictures till I get over there not so my Mum can see

Do they let you take photos usually? I could see them getting iffy with it, but maybe if I explain why I couldn't have my mum there, they might be more understanding...

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
          Do they let you take photos usually? I could see them getting iffy with it, but maybe if I explain why I couldn't have my mum there, they might be more understanding...
          Depends on the store. When we went dress shopping, the first store (pretty high-end) wouldn't let us take pictures. Although we snuck one while the lady was gone hehe And the second one (David's Bridal) was ALL about the pictures. We took a dozen...plus a video where I walked down the fake aisle

Comment

Maybe it's a good idea to try on a few dresses instead of just that particular one... just don't tell him which one you'll pick and you get to do what you want: have him there but you won't spoil the surprise

Comment

When we were planning the wedding, I totally wanted it to be a surprise, to have that moment when he saw me first start the aisle. However, we eloped so we went shopping for our attire together, and he actually found the dress I'm wearing in our picture at left! I had thought that I would be a disappointed since that was the one thing about the wedding I felt I would miss, but our day could not have been any more incredible. I did wear a different (red!) dress for the legal ceremony, and changed into the white dress he found for me when we got to the beach. There was simply no way to pull off a grand entrance when we were together from the time we woke

I would vote make it a surprise, but I can say from experience that your day won't be lacking if you do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja
                Maybe it's a good idea to try on a few dresses instead of just that particular one... just don't tell him which one you'll pick and you get to do what you want: have him there but you won't spoil the surprise
                I second that.. sounds like a nice compromise^^ - as long as you'll be able to control your excitement and not accidentally tip him off when you're trying on THE dress
                I probably wouldn't.. I'm too obvious

Comment

I talked with him again last night about it, he is very excited about it... he promised me the only image that would stick will be the one where I am in front of him on our wedding day He just likes seeing me in pretty dresses I think :P I'm still in two minds about it, but I will see what happens when I'm over there. He seems very happy he gets to come, so he'll probably twist my arm..

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I haven't decided whether or not I'm gonna buy a dress or wear my mom's, but I've decided that if I do go dress shopping, I want him to go with me, and I want him to watch me try on dresses. It means a lot to me to have his opinion, but I won't tell him which one I'm actually getting. Maybe that would work for you?

Comment

My so came with me when I was first trying on dresses, so I could get an idea of what he liked. If I found the dress I wouldntve told him though.

I would recommend taking him, trying on a few - try and contain any obvious emotions then send him out while your buying it.

Also if you want girls opinions, you can take photos on your phone and text them to your mum, mil, friends etc for opinions.
                      Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Working...
                      X