Wedding rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding rings

Because we need a thread for what comes after engagement!

What kind of wedding rigns are you all interested in? Me, I'm not sure, my engagement ring doesn't really go at all with what I had in mind originally, which I actually like but now I'm thinking maybe I just want a plain "comfort fit" band, maybe with engraving on the outside. Maybe.

Show me your rings!

(Er, and don't take that in the filthy way or we'll all get banned! jks)
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

If/when I get an engagement ring with a diamond, I'd probably like a reaaaally really simple wedding band to go with it. Probably.. nothing on it I guess x) or maybe a little something.. haven't really thought about the wedding ring yet :o Will have to go to a shop with the engagement ring and see what type of ring would go with it

.....just need to get the engagement ring first

Comment

Ha! Nice thread Miriam

Gosh, I haven't even made my mind up with the engagement ring yet! But I like simple things and not too high profile. Something like this

Comment

I want something simple. But everything I look at is either crazy not-simple or like a boring little band. I don't know what I want but I know that I haven't seen it yet :P

Comment

Ohh, I love wedding rings. Even moreso than engagement rings.
          Favourites:

They're called "the compromise" at the page, apparently because he wanted white gold, while she wanted yellow gold. It says that the other coloured piece was taken out of one ring and put in the other. So you're always having a piece of the other with you. I love the idea.
          And gold looks better on my boyfriend, because he has a rather warm complexion. Mine on the other hand is coldish and gold really doesn't look good on me. So that'd be a good solution

I guess I'd understand if someone thinks they're tacky, but yeah... I like that at first glance you don't really see that it's one half of a heart. It's simple enough that my boyfriend would wear it, but still not boring.
          Last edited by Dziubka; March 11, 2011, 12:49 PM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

The heart rings are neat! Kinda look like the nike symbol tho

Comment

I didn't see that before, but now that you said it... right.
              I don't know why but I would wear mine with the loop facing upwards (like the one without diamonds, or is that facing downwards anyway? I'm so bad at this - help!). So I guess that'd reduce the Nike resemblance.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

https://https://www.brilliantearth.com/3mm-Comfort-Fit-Wedding-Ring-White-Gold-BE207/

This is the EXACT ring I want! My whole idea of a wedding ring is an unbroken band, symbolizing an unbroken marriage. My SO wants the same, but 5mm not 3

Edit: And I want "31102009 - Forever" engraved in mine; the day we first met to forever

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can I just give the advice to make sure you get what you want?

I really settled when it came to the set I got from my ex. By the time we made it to this store, which was like the 5th or 6th we'd gone to, he was so frustrated, I just agreed to not be complicated. He was insistent I had a formal wedding set, which was not what I wanted. I really wanted a pear shaped center stone and I got an oval.

I'm sure this is some sort of indictment on the marriage as well *sigh*

So can I just say, don't settle when it comes to your engagement and wedding set? Either hint very strongly to him or make sure your BFF can take him aside and tell him exactly what you want; matter of fact, she should go with him to the store.

OTOH, he got what he wanted. It has 8 diamonds in a checkerboard pattern opposite the gold. It's actually quite nice.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Click

Rane and I couldn't afford our #1 pick, which is very simple platinum comfort fit bands. Hopefully for our 5 year anniversary we can upgrade. I want a very thin band, and he wants thicker. My engagement ring is platinum, but our current bands are stainless steel, which are very surprisingly pretty, tough, and a perfect visual match for platinum. So they do the trick for now.

Comment

Brilliant Earth is one of the places where I have seen rings that I like.

I guess I just can't decide whether to go the diamond route or stick with the simple platinum or white gold...

Another site that I like for jewelry is Overstock.com
                      That's where my SO got me my engagement ring and it is so beautiful and was really reasonably priced.
                      Last edited by mllebamako; March 11, 2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I think I'd be okay with keeping my engagement ring as my wedding ring. I've put this up before, but I want a flower on mine Not this exact one, but something similar in gold.

Comment

I waaaannttt a riiiinnnggg.
                          In due time, I guess.

But we were discussing rings we like, and we were thinking perhaps something like the rings with a small band of wood like those from https://www.simplywoodrings.com/.
                          And silver. I hate gold.

But honestly, I'd love a simple silver band, exactly like the one garnet posted. I don't want or need a big diamond to show off our relationship.

Comment

Rane and I couldn't afford our #1 pick, which is very simple platinum comfort fit bands. Hopefully for our 5 year anniversary we can upgrade. I want a very thin band, and he wants thicker. My engagement ring is platinum, but our current bands are stainless steel, which are very surprisingly pretty, tough, and a perfect visual match for platinum. So they do the trick for now.
                            I just thought I'd add that when the opportunity arises, we also plan on having "Soulbound" inscribed on the insides of our rings, because we're WoW nerds. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Rane View Post
                              I just thought I'd add that when the opportunity arises, we also plan on having "Soulbound" inscribed on the insides of our rings, because we're WoW nerds. :P
                              That is freaking awesome lol

Comment

Working...
                              X