Traditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blferguson1s View Post
    My SO and I were actually discussing this the other night. We were talking about how long we should wait before getting engaged. I told him he would score big points if he asked my parents first. His response was that he's big into tradition so he already planned on it. He's also going to try to surprise me when he asks me to marry him. Knowing him, it'll be something big and super sweet. I definitely want him involved in planning the wedding because it's not only my big day, it's his too. Also, he doesn't get to go dress shopping with me or see me on our wedding day before I walk down the aisle on my daddy's arm. We'll have our first dance to our song "Bless the Broken Road." Beyond that, I'm really not sure.
    =D

To add one to that, at Christmas time my family has the tradition of hiding a pickle shaped ornament and the one who finds it gets an extra present, usually some candy and money.

Comment

Traditions for the wedding would be; Not seeing each other the night before or the wedding - We'd only see each other again when im walking down the isle. He wouldnt see the dress until im down the isle either.
      For when we have a family; My mum always makes us things for xmas such as cusions with xmasy things on, or little stockings or something so i'd do that for my children too Another one would be always seeing the family on boxing day; ive done it for aslong as i can remember and will continue to do so
      Im not sure of any others at the moment :P

Comment

i definitely would love to get married in the same church we met at (we met at our old youth group). that's pretty much it (i think) for what i insist on...and i want my brother to walk me down the aisle, i've never pictured anyone else other than him walking me down.

Comment

well for me the wedding... I definately want to get married in the church when his parents get married. I had the chance to visit it this April and I know now that how important is that church for them and since my family and my parents are not religious it would be whatever for them (specially cause my parents are divorced so I don't really want to go after them, lol )

but a few things is sure for example that we gonna have our "church wedding" (I'm sorry I don't really know to exact for these in English ) in the US and the official one in my homecountry so this way everybody can see us to get married (yes we figured it out ) I know that this way it's kinda more paperwork in the US to make them approve our marriage but who cares. And I would definately want my dad to take me down in the aisles at both. And we have some funny traditions here in Hungary so we could adapt it in the one wedding the we would hold here

Comment

the day i get married i want the individual paper we give on the invitation (like, one invitation for the family, but four individual papers that are shown on the way in to the party to be allowed inside) will be hogwarts tickets, but personalized to our wedding details, the best men will have to use slytherin ties (im a huge hp geek, cant you tell?), the colors will be green and silver

but i will
            -use white dress
            -use the wedding rings always (both me and him!)
            -have the traditional vows but write our own as well
            -have something new, something borrowed and something blue
            -dont sleep together the night before it

i think i will want my mother to walk me down the aisle, my father is alive, but if it wasnt for my mother i wouldnt be where i am.
            instead of the traditional wedding song when i walk down the aisle, a song made by me and my so together. i write lyrics sometimes and he sings and remixes, so it would be OUR wedding song.

basicallly that is it, too lazy to write more, hehe
            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

aw the santa stuff is cute :]

Comment

Working...
              X