Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking out a ring-- together or a surprise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've asked my girlfriend what kind of rings she likes...and she did...and we have looked at a bunch online...so from that...i will make my final decision...when the day comes...lol

Comment

<<<<<< i think i did a pretty good job with the promise ring i got here pictured here...lol

Comment

For the engagement ring, a surprise... with a teeny bit of prompting!

For the wedding rings, together

Comment

I had this conversation with my SO not to long ago. And I didn't lie, I had an idea of what I want my engagement ring to look like. So I would like to pick one out together. That being said though, my SO has pretty damn good taste in jewelry so I'm confident even if we didn't' go together I'd love what he picked out.
          "You want for myself
          You get me like no one else
          I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
          Even in the darkest part of me
          I am beautiful with you
          Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
          You're here with me
          Just show me this and I'll believe
          I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

For an engagement ring I would want him to surprise me. He's also been really good at guessing what I like, and I'm not opposed to dropping a few hints when the time comes.

Comment

I would want a surprise I think =3. Im kind of a romantic that way <3. The most important part of this whole things is what he actually says when he proposes but the ring is also a big part of it. I want to have my breath taken away and admire his hard work.
              I think thats why I want him to go pick out the ring on his own, you know? I'd feel special that he took the time to think about what I want, search through rings and then pick one he wants me to wear for the rest of our life together. The effort behind doing this is what makes it so special.
              My SO knows that I only wear silver or white gold since I don't like yellow gold. I wouldn't mind pink gold if it made the ring look pretty =3. We've also talked about it in the past and I've sent him two pictures of rings that I like, mostly eternity band solitaires with halos. One with a round center diamond and another with a gorgeous pearl shaped one. So he knows a lot already and I'd trust him to pick something I'd love, not to mention what it means would make it all that more beautiful.

Comment

Definitely and without a doubt surprise! I mean I in general HATE not being in the know... but I think it makes it the more special. My BF is GREAT with detail and pays a lot of attention to passing comments I make, so he knows I like white gold (has given me several sets ) and he knows ME, wich let's face it, it's whats important. Apart from that... HE could give me an onion ring... and Id love it! I mean I knwo he is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with, I love him and I respect him... What more could I ask (I mean apart from being in the same country!) He's all I want. We're not engaged yet, BUT we do ahve promise rings he got us our first anniversary and those are engraved with: Zyanya Nochipa (Always and forever) in Zapotec, wich if you consider Im mexican, and its part of the first book we ever read together.... makes it SUPER SWEET... So yes, I definitely trust him to pick the right engagement ring, because he couldn't possibly get it wrong.

Comment

I already know the month, but as for exactly when and how, I have no clue, and I like it that way! He's alluded to big plans in the works. For us, at least, having a time-frame is important. Our visits are limited, our time is short. If we didn't know approximate times of things, nothing would work. All that being said- we are already technically engaged. I have told him that I will absolutely marry him. And we're already planning aspects of our wedding (late next year). lol. All that's left is the formality, and it being public knowledge. And having money for a ring.

As far as picking out the ring together goes, I've gone engagement ring shopping with my best friend, and she lives near him. She knows what I like. I think he does, too, but I worry he'll spend too much money, or go over the top. So I'm sending her with him when he's ready to pick out the ring.

Comment

I will be so happy it is happening. I don't care which way.
                    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I want it to be a surprise, my SO asked for some ideas of course
                      And weve looked at rings together, I wanna be surprised but ill love anything
                      he gets me =]

Comment

I want the whole proposal to be a surprise but I do wanna look at rings together in general so he would get a clue on what I like. But in the end I want him to make the decision

Comment

Working...
                        X