Wedding shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChibiFelicia View Post
    the irregular choice shoes are so comfortable! I think i'll have to do something like that too.

Engels shoes are so gorgeous! how high are those? i may have to get a similar pair so i can practice walking and not fall flat on my face xD

Thank you so much for the compliment!
    Just measured it for you, its 13 cms, and its impressive how confortable they are. they are from a brazilian brand called datelli, and I buy shoes from them since I was 15 or something (not only from them, sure, but Ive had my fair share of datelli shoes ) they were 285 reais, wich according to a currency converter is something around 113.870 EUR or 152.628 USD
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

thats pretty high! The price aint bad either, i imagined theyd be more. I'll have to look up datelli, cant say im familliar with the name

Comment

their prices arent bad at all! they have fabulous shoes that sometimes go even cheapper than the ones I bought. and are really confortable, a reason from why I buy from them. I also like arezzo, though I havent bought any arezzo shoes in a good while! but will buy a shoes and matching wallet in blue to wear on new years eve with a white dress i bought yesterday. they also have amazing shoes around the same price as datelli, maybe just a little expensivier sometimes.

err, sorry for making the thread off topic, wedding shoes, right?
        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Well, marriage is a long ways off for me, but a girl can dream right. Ever since I saw a friend of mine do blue shoes for her "something blue" I've been in love with the idea. I'm also a klutz, so I don't think anything with much of a heal would be the best idea lol.

Comment

Oh I just had such a good time looking at all those shoes!!

*debbie downer moment* I love high heels but can't wear them any more I've had lots of surgeries on my ankles and I just can't handle anything but good sneakers now. Even flats/flip flops hurt because there's no support. It's so depressing.

My SO is only an inch or two taller than me, and he would love for me to throw on some 4 inch heels and be taller than him. Maybe one day So for a wedding, I'd have to go with something supportive and flat. Maybe clogs And sneakers for later, since we will be throwing down on the dance floor!

Comment

Allow me to horrify you all with my wedding slippers:

I did white heels the first time. I much prefer the slippers!!

Comment

Ah ha! I knew there was a shoe thread out there. Just took a little searching. And I've already replied! A year ago...

anyways..

I forced my SO to go shoe shopping with me yesterday. I'm starting to worry that there are no shoes in the country that are higher than flat and lower than 5 inch heel. This is what I'm looking for:

-not white
                -something kind of funky (either a pattern, a flower, bow, sparkles, etc)
                -not flat
                -not over 3 inch heel
                -closed toe

Yesterday was strike out after strike out after strike out. Shoe shopping makes me so depressed because I used to wear sky high heels, but I can't anymore. I found these really cute shoes that were a peep toe, white with flowers all over and... 5 inches tall. *sigh* I wanted to try them on just to see but my SO talked me out of it. And he's right, they're just too tall. Go ahead and add to that that barely any stores carry above an 8...

Looks like finding shoes will be much harder than finding a dress

Comment

I searched for months to find the right shoes. I wanted a 2-3 inch heel, and I have wide feet. Once I started thinking outside the box, I found the perfect pair of blue satin, open-toe, 2.5 inch heel sling-backs with a little tiny bit of rhinestone bling across the toes.

Don't rule out a color other than white for your shoes. A pop of color may be just what you need.
                  *Our World of Warcraft Love Story*

Comment

I bought 4 pair...not knowing how bad my feet/knee would be the day of my wedding. Alas I went with the flat flip flop with a strap around the heel and sparkles on the shoe...beautiful....and they were tugged and pulled and barely fit....ahh but pretty with my bright orange toenails...
                    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

lucybelle - if you don't mind looking online, check out Etsy! I've found many 'funky' shoes people customize there.

Comment

Hi lucybelle, as Chickadee said, I was thinking of etsy too!

A quick search for "Wedding Wedge Shoes" came out with some nice results I put some links below, and if you find a seller that can put a fabric on the shoe you can probably choose your own print or something too! Etsy sellers can get pricy though...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1074601...earch_type=all
                        https://www.etsy.com/listing/1073349...earch_type=all
                        https://www.etsy.com/shop/PonkoWorld?ref=seller_info

Comment

Originally posted by iakai View Post
                          Hi lucybelle, as Chickadee said, I was thinking of etsy too!

A quick search for "Wedding Wedge Shoes" came out with some nice results I put some links below, and if you find a seller that can put a fabric on the shoe you can probably choose your own print or something too! Etsy sellers can get pricy though...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1074601...earch_type=all
                          https://www.etsy.com/listing/1073349...earch_type=all
                          https://www.etsy.com/shop/PonkoWorld?ref=seller_info
                          Ooh! I really like those blue ones with the lace!

I've googled on how to "bedazzle" shoes. You can paint them, put on stencils, put on crystals, new fabric, etc. This weekend everything is on sale in the country so I'm going to try to find a few good "shaped" shoes. Then attempt to alter them to my liking. We'll see how it turns out!!

Comment

I'm probably going to have two pairs of wedding shoes... (Because I'm a shoe fanatic.) One pair for the ceremony (Heels. Sparkly. Not sure what color.) and one pair for the reception once my feet get tired of being in the heels (Converse. Custom Husband&Wife matching our wedding colors kind of deal. SO's already okay'd that plan, haha). I've considered adding sparkles to the Chucks too... but there's just something about putting sparkles on Chucks that makes me... I dunno. Cringe a little? But at the same time, it would be so "me" to do something like that, haha.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

My preference would be ballet pumps in a colour which matched my dress. I'm by no means short, can't walk well in high heels, and my SO isn't much taller than me, so flat shoes would be the best option! I'd like a long dress so nobody would see much of what was on my feet anyway

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                                I've googled on how to "bedazzle" shoes. You can paint them, put on stencils, put on crystals, new fabric, etc. This weekend everything is on sale in the country so I'm going to try to find a few good "shaped" shoes. Then attempt to alter them to my liking. We'll see how it turns out!!
                                Yeah comfortable shoes is sooo important, or the whole day will just be bugghhhh cuz your feet are in pain =/ Hopefully you can find some comfy half heels to *bedazzle* or applique with!! Sounds excitinggg

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to wear pretty sandals of sort, because flats just never fitted my feet well, and I want be able to move around and have fun instead of breaking-in my shoes while trying to balance, if and when I ever get married xD

Comment

Working...
                                X