No announcement yet.

Thinking Skype may not be enough......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like everyone else said. Stay busy.
    I spent days on end moping around the house when my SO left and our LDR started, then as soon as I went back to working and studying, I was happier most of the time.

I know how much it sucks to be able to talk, and see your SO, but never to touch. At the moment we're going five months at a time apart.
    Believe me though, that first tearful hug when we saw each other for the first time since she left Australia was worth every single second I spent missing her.
    Just remember why you're doing this, and that the pain is only a sign that you care about each other enough to stay together despite it.

Comment

I get this feeling even from phone calls. Sometimes texting makes me feel like this, too. It's just an overwhelming want and need to have him there. I completely understand. Just keep your head up and have fun during your first visit. (:

Comment

I think so far Skype is the best one. My advice is only focus with the positive things like 'be happy that you can see him and hear his voice' and 'be happy and excited that you working on a visit, meant u will meet in person soon'.

Because that's wht I hv done so far. I can't drive to his place since we live so far away, so I hv to wait for him to visit me. And each day we chat or video call, we are so grateful for that coz we can keep in contact and knew we are 1 day closer to meet in person

maybe u can exchange gift to spice up things. Would be great to hv something in real from him, perhaps his clothes or a letter w his handwritten.

Good luck!

Comment

We are lucky enough to live together for 90 days in and 90 days out due to passport laws for now.....BUT>this causes the constant situation of adjusting over and over again to a skype/call/email contact instead of being able to snuggle on couch each day and sleep in each other's arms each night. The first couple weeks are the hardest and then you just get used to it again. I just have to keep telling myself someday there will be no more goodbyes and it will be worth it.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I wish Skype could work in 4D! Lol
            Jon Lawrence: I love you because you are succesful, intelligent, have a great nerdy personality.
            Jon Lawrence: Love me for all my faults
            Jon Lawrence: You have a good head on your head.
            Jon Lawrence: and you are FUCKING AMAZING LOOKING!

sigpic

Comment

Just so everyone knows, this thread is over a year old, and if I recall correctly, the OP and their SO are no longer together.

Comment

I have used skype a lot and im soo glad that is exists!

Comment

My only advice for that kind of thing is to focus on planning your real life closest meeting for whenever that may be and distract yourself with it. I do that all the time when I feel the distance is getting at me, which isn't often. Keeping myself busy with life leads to me appreciating the Skype sessions more and now allowing my mind to become unsatisfied or unhappy with them, but instead more grateful. Time passes by fast though... We need to learn to enjoy every moment of living, with or without our loved ones physically close. Keeping your mind and schedule busy is the most efficient.

Comment

some days are rough but when you finally get to meet him, it will be worth the wait!

Comment

I feel the same too. Skype isn't enough when I see him sick or If I wanted physical contact with im like cuddling. It's just killing me that I cant touch him, so I can understand that.

Comment

Me and my SO both feel the same sometimes but then we think how lucky we are to have found each other and we know that we will eventually meet and be together

Comment

wish i could help more, i'd have to say though your lucky that you get to see him on skype as is and it's always hard but try to think how it'd be if you couldn't even see him as you talked on skype. should help i hope, i had troubles where i couldn't even see my ldr gf for months on skype..just talking with me on cam.

Comment

Working...
                          X