No announcement yet.

Best Cell Phone For An LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For when my love and I talk, the best thing for us is my mom's straight talk phone! Though we eat through her minutes a lot but it's easier on us!

Comment

Any contract/Smartphone nowadays be it Android or Iphone is going to be able to have a Skype app, as well as TextPlus. Textplus will use data to send text messages rather than using an actual texting plan. It's what I use to text my SO since she's in Canada and they cost a pretty penny to send her messages. Skype works fine as long strong data connection or Wifi. Some people swear by Blackberry but as techy guy (working in the tech industry) I strongly recommend steering clear of them, it's a dying brand that's barely holding onto life.

Comment

Any smart phone will do. But remember some apps that work with iPhone don't work with Droid, and Droid has some that don't work with iPhone. So you should both get the same phone Stephen and I both use iPhone 4S and love it! We love the apps and have never had an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by lonelyinlove View Post
          So Im on my a family cellphone plan with my mother which sucks because we are with AT&Tand my boyfriend is with Sprint. This means we cant talk until after a certaintime bc of the fear of going over minutes and I only have two hundre text a month which go pretty fast.....BUT

I have now gotten a job. And am planning on getting a Sprint account by adding a phone line to his account bc he gets a discount....ANYWAYS

What kind of Sprint phone do, if you have one, you think works well for LDRs? For example, a phone with facetime prob works well. And what kind of plan do you have?
          Any smart phone will do! If u want to go with big screens, which I really like - the S4 and the Note 2! If u want free communication, download viber!!! U'll love viber. I talk to my SO everyday, and we don't pay anything for communication. Skype reception is pretty good with S4 and Note 2. It really depends on how fast ur internet is.
          sigpic
          S & C
          <3

Comment

I think that basically any famous android company that produces good quality android phones is good for an LDR due to the free texting apps.

Comment

Working...
            X