Free texting apps (android)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BellaJedi View Post
    Those are all fantastic suggestions. I was hoping for something that didn't require my SO to download an app for but I'll see what we can work with. Thanks!
    If you just want to text and send the odd picture, download TextPlus. It only requires one of you to have it so that you can text your SO for free. Its not a bad little app.

Comment

What'sApp works wonders for me, "free trial" software, but the great thing is the trial lasts for a year. I use it to message so many people around the world for free. It does take up data allowance though, if you pay for that

Comment

Hi guys! I live in America, but my boyfriend lives in Venezuela. I found this new app on android called couple. Its exactly like pair, but its for android, i know some ppl mentioned it above. It's such a great app, me and my boyfriend love it! it's an app for just you and your partner. It allows you to share anything with your SO. You can make lists together, set your birthday and anniversary so y'all will not forget! Also, it's a basic SMS and you can see if they read your message. It also has more options, you can draw a picture on the app and send it to your SO, and you can draw one together!! You can send audio, video, or pictures, also you can send a 'thinking of you' message. But what we like most is something on the app called thumb kiss. When y'all are both online, y'all can press your thumb on the screen and your partner can see your thumbprint. When you touch your thumb to theirs, the screen will turn pink, then red, and it'll vibrate, so it's like a kiss! We use this app to communicate so I thought it was really good app to share.
        Last edited by Msphil9783; April 7, 2013, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Msphil9783 View Post
          Hi guys! I live in America, but my boyfriend lives in Venezuela. I found this new app on android called couple. Its exactly like pair, but its for android, i know some ppl mentioned it above. It's such a great app, me and my boyfriend love it! it's an app for just you and your partner. It allows you to share anything with your SO. You can make lists together, set your birthday and anniversary so y'all will not forget! Also, it's a basic SMS and you can see if they read your message. It also has more options, you can draw a picture on the app and send it to your SO, and you can draw one together!! You can send audio, video, or pictures, also you can send a 'thinking of you' message. But what we like most is something on the app called thumb kiss. When y'all are both online, y'all can press your thumb on the screen and your partner can see your thumbprint. When you touch your thumb to theirs, the screen will turn pink, then red, and it'll vibrate, so it's like a kiss! We use this app to communicate so I thought it was really good app to share.
          Not to burst your bubble or anything... just want to clear things up: but "couple" is "pair". It's the exact same app, they just changed the name of it. And it's not "just for android". I have an iPhone, and my fiance has an Android - works great cross-platforms as well.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I was going to recommend Viber, but it's already been done...I might check out one of the other apps that allows you to video message and isn't Skype...thanks everyone!
            Joey & Scott
            Met: April 2002
            Lost Contact: August 2002
            Reconnected: April 2010
            Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X