No announcement yet.

Email and text as only means of communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in this party. I wish we could Skype, but the time difference and our schedules make it difficult.
    I feel your pain. The time difference between my SO and me isn't as bad - only 3 hours - but she can't Skype because her dad would get really suspicious of her being on Skype so much.

Comment

You can also make videos of yourself through Viber (the smart phone app). Or call for free. We use it more for free text messages though.
      Last edited by differentcountries; January 11, 2014, 08:35 AM.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
        You can also make videos of yourself through Viber (the smart phone app). Or call for free. We use it more for free text messages though.
        I absolutely love Viber, it's only for android and PC I believe however. Started using Viber when Skype decided not to work while my bf was traveling by ferry from Ireland to UK. Not had much problem with it since.

Comment

I had Viber on my iPhone .

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
            We don't even text, from what I understand international texting can get expensive and he doesn't have a smartphone for us to use any of the apps to make that easier - and we rarely email, unless it's something we can't share via instant messaging. I've never even heard his voice, nor he mine. Hmm. <shrug>
            Have you heard of Magic Jack? That is a little box you can get to attach to your phone and then to your computer, or you can just plug it into an outlet. You have to buy it, and it's really not expensive, and you get local and long-distance calling for about $30.00 a year. Both of you would have to have it, but since Canada and the US are on the program, there is no charge for international calling.

https://magicjack.com

Or you can get Skype on your computers, and that is free. That way you can talk to each other, and, with an inexpensive web cam, you can see each other. And it opens up all kinds of possibilities in an LDR.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

We used Facebook messenger as our primary form of communication for about the first three or four months. When he decided, he asked me to download WhatsApp. You can send pictures, voice, and video on there. The first year was free. I think they charge 1 USD a year after that. He's very techie but has had limited access to it so it has been our primary communication tool. Hearing his voice, seeing (the few) pictures he'd send, and the one video of him (I have this saved on my phone for easy access when I'm missing him) has been great. When he was ready to take it a little further, I finally called him from my phone. I had a feature added to my phone line that costs $4 a month plus something like $0.25/minute. His access to wifi has been spotty so Skype and others weren't an option but we lucked out recently and he was able to get wifi for a while so we finally Skyped!!

So still the majority of our communication is via text (WhatsApp) but now that I've heard and seen him it makes the texts that much more personal we always talk for hours at a time, but being able to use our voices and facial expressions has allowed us to say so much more. I always say, where there's a will, there's a way
              "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

This is my first time reply.

Here is what we usually use for communication.
                I have a PC and smartphone (Android) and he only has a smartphone (also android).

1. "Whatsapp":
                Just like texting, sending photos, short audio (I sent song to him before).

2. Phone call :
                This is expensive for me to use my phone call him (around US$4/min).
                So I bought a extra phone card just for calling him (around US$0.3/min).
                We only use phone call for urgent and short talk (less than 15 mins).
                And this is cheaper for him to call me.
                So usually I call him then he just answers the phone and say "call you back" and he will call me back.

3. Skype:
                I think (just person feeling) the quality of video chat is highly depend on different countries and timing.
                Only good when we both home and this is worse when skype at night.

p.s. I always want to try watching movie together.
                However, its not work on a smartphone which skype and watching movie at the same time.
                or other website recommended for download so no need to worry about the network.

Comment

Working...
                X