International Texting?! No charge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elizabethjp2010 View Post
    if you both have iphones with the I.OS 5 update you can send free "imessages" to each other internationally!!!
    i tried the imessage thing and it was working perfectly until all of a sudden it showed me that it had to send my message as a normal message, and i had full 3G coverage. so i'm trying to use viber for calls and texts, since textplus has also been acting stupid, showing it has sent my message and then instead not sending it.

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Me and my SO both have a android phone. So we use Whatsapp, Viber, and Skype. Viber works sometimes but for some reason it freezes my phone:/ So we use skype must of the time. We have also tried other apps but there not as good as Whatsapp and Viber
      Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

as afew others have said I also have a BlackBerry.

I had an iphone 3g and it was getting insanely slow and i needed an upgrade. My SO already had a BlackBerry and we talked on various message services when I had an iphone. When I upgraded it seemed a logical choice to get a BlackBerry myself. I bought one for a TON less than I would have paid for a new iphone and I can talk to my SO even easier on BlackBerry Messenger. we send hundreds of messages completely free! and the way it receives messages is exactly the same as getting a text message. the phone is amazing. I seriously love it! although there was a small adjustment period where i missed the 'flashiness' of an iphone.. but I wouldn't go back, i couldn't live without my BB

edit - also thought i'd add how people kept trying to convince me not to switch from an Iphone. they kept saying "if you don't have an Iphone.. you don't have an Iphone" and people almost frown upon my phone now because it's not an Iphone! iphones are good, but if you're looking to upgrade BlackBerry is built for communicating and i've found it easier to email/IM with.. just my thoughts
        Met Online: February 2009
        Feelings grew: January 2011
        First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
        Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
        Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
        Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
        Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
        Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
        Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
        Engaged: 1st of July 2012
        Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
        Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
        Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
        Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
        Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
        Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I use Whatsapp a lot to stay in contact with a friend, it's the only way me and him can talk. I think I'm definitely gonna have to tell my SO about this!

Comment

What's pretty cool is that both my SO and I text each other throughout the day for free!
            One, because one of his jobs is at a cell phone company, letting him text for free.
            And two, I don't text with my phone but with my ipod touch, and I use an app called textfree. (the only downside to this is I can only send and receive texts if I have wifi)
            But besides that, it's pretty awesome keeping in touch frequently.

And I love the fact Skype is free! This definitely wasn't possible 10 years ago. Hurray for technology!!

Comment

I can't text my SO for an unknown reason, I've got an iPhone but he has a regular phone, no android or blackberry or anything,
              just a regular phone without internet access. Does anyone know an app for on the iPhone so I can text him freely?

Comment

Twitter direct messaging. Have him sign up for mobile twitter, where he will receive messages on twitter as texts on his phone, and can direct message you by putting a D before your twitter username and sending the text to the twitter number of his country. My boyfriend has a not-smartphone too, and we've been texting using this method for 2 years. (:

Comment

Textplus should be able to work =) My SO has a normal phone and it works for us.

Comment

Originally posted by 13000km View Post
                    Twitter direct messaging. Have him sign up for mobile twitter, where he will receive messages on twitter as texts on his phone, and can direct message you by putting a D before your twitter username and sending the text to the twitter number of his country. My boyfriend has a not-smartphone too, and we've been texting using this method for 2 years. (:
                    Ohh this sounds good! I'll let him know about it Thank youuu!
                    Originally posted by HollzHeartsChris View Post
                    Textplus should be able to work =) My SO has a normal phone and it works for us.
                    It doesn't because I can't download it. It's not available in Belgium.

Comment

Me and my SO have whatsaoo too, but I don't have to pay anything, and I have an Android phone. :S

Comment

So both phones have to have the app for it to work?

Comment

Does anyone use Heytell? Its a text app but instead of text you talk!
                          Not sure about the charges for international but it can be fun

Comment

Sending my SO international text messages was easy for me at 2 pesos per text (.04cents) but he was being charged .50 cents to receive and send replies. After a few months I was able to convince him to get a new phone. He got an android phone with yahoo and other chat/talk programs. Looking at his phone bill does not cause him pain anymore.

Does anyone know if blackberry can run skype now?

Comment

I know I need to get an android fone don't I? Then we can do that It costs me 30 cents per text international I know you are tucked up warm in bed at the moment but I miss you and love you xx
                              Originally posted by Maid-in-England View Post
                              Does anyone use Heytell? Its a text app but instead of text you talk!
                              Not sure about the charges for international but it can be fun

Comment

Originally posted by NZKiwi View Post
                                I know I need to get an android fone don't I? Then we can do that It costs me 30 cents per text international I know you are tucked up warm in bed at the moment but I miss you and love you xx
                                Yes you do! I miss and love you where ever I am. xx

Comment

Working...
                                X