help?? ive got a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help?? ive got a question

So, i live in the u.s. and my SO lives in canada. we haven't met yet (but im hoping to one day) anyway, he does not own a webcamera (or any camera for that matter) and is not able to afford one, so i asked if i could buy one for him and he said that i could. (because i would like to experience a video chat with him and stuff like that, granted i asked if i could buy it for him when he comes to visit, but i have absolutely no clue when that would be and im slightly getting impatient here, so im thinking i might send him one in a care package). but my question is that would i be able to ship something like that to him? ive tried looking this up on the internet, but im having trouble finding a specific answer. my mom has told me that its not really easy to ship electronics there. is this true?

thank you to whoever answers this. i really appreciate it.

I can't see how it would be a problem. Just go to your post office and ask them how much it'll cost to send a little parcel.

Comment

It shouldn't be too much of an issue? My issue has always been getting mail from people in Canada, not sending it. Simply be honest and declare it and its cost on the customs form and you should be fine.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
        It shouldn't be too much of an issue? My issue has always been getting mail from people in Canada, not sending it. Simply be honest and declare it and its cost on the customs form and you should be fine.
        declaring and customs form? how does that go down, if i may ask.

Comment

If you don't want to deal with the shipping yourself...just pick the webcam you like off of Amazon.com or some website like that and send it as a gift (ie. directly to him).

Comment

Originally posted by musicllv View Post
            declaring and customs form? how does that go down, if i may ask.
            It's simple. xD

You go to the post office, you ask for a customs form, and then you fill it out. It's this tiny piece of paper on which you write down what you're sending and how much it cost, and you write down the address of who it's going to (can't remember if you write down who it's from, too...) and then you sign it and date it. It's very straightforward and if you have any questions, someone at the post office will be able to help.
            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
            Met online: February 2009
            Feelings confessed: December 2010
            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
            to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
              If you don't want to deal with the shipping yourself...just pick the webcam you like off of Amazon.com or some website like that and send it as a gift (ie. directly to him).
              oh yeah, i didnt think of that option. heh. thanks, i think i might try doing that. now i just gotta get myself a credit/gift card to pay with.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
              It's simple. xD

You go to the post office, you ask for a customs form, and then you fill it out. It's this tiny piece of paper on which you write down what you're sending and how much it cost, and you write down the address of who it's going to (can't remember if you write down who it's from, too...) and then you sign it and date it. It's very straightforward and if you have any questions, someone at the post office will be able to help.
              oh okay. sounds easy enough, thanks.

Comment

I will vouch for Amazon.com, I live in Canada and have ordered products online from that website countless times... arrives in under 2 weeks and have never had an issue =D As previously mentioned, you may select the "Send as Gift" option.!

Comment

Working...
                X