going to the beach at night...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going to the beach at night...?

For spring break, we are going down to FL, and I would love to have a little fun out there once the sun goes down...
    I'm just wondering if you can get in trouble for being out there? Have any of you ever spent any time with your SO on the beach at night? Would you recommend it?

We can be out on the beach at night, but there are usually multiple people/bonfires and being late at night, there are more state park officers patrolling the beach than during the day. They actually regularly hassled a Wiccan circle I used to go to back when I was still attending full moon ceremonies, haha. It's for this reason I probably would not recommend anything seriously sexual, but it depends on the coverage of the state park patrols in your area I'd imagine. You shouldn't get in trouble for simply being out there though.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

Before I go out and do it, I would look into the regulations for the beach. I know some close at sundown and if you are caught after you can get in trouble. Some places don't have "operating hours" so it should be ok. But check into it before going to make sure that you won't get in any kind of trouble.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

When my SO came over in August we stayed by the sea, and on our final evening we went for a moonlit walk on the beach. I guess it depends on the stretch of coastline you're visiting; where we were was rather deserted apart from one patrol car and a group of young people having a late night barbecue. We only kissed and cuddled, but I suppose we would've been able to get away with more if we'd walked a bit further along the esplanade first I think the best thing would be to check the regulations of your area before you decide to go through with it - and of course stay safe if you do!

Comment

If you do go, make sure to bring a blanket. Don't want sand in every nook and cranny!

Comment

I think it depends a lot on the beach. Here in Italy there are many empty beaches at night, and you can do whatever you want there! In Florida, however, I saw sharks (while scuba diving) and alligators (at the Everglades), so I wouldnt really feel safe to go to the beach with my SO at night!

Comment

Here you don't get in trouble for being on the beach at night, but they are technically closed. I would not recommend sex on the beach, they refer to crabby people as having sandy vaginas for a reason. And in Florida (at least from what I've seen) there are very few, well places to be not discovered.

All that being said, I really love being at the beach at night. It's peaceful and there aren't many people there, if there are any. I like the quiet, the darkness and being with the ocean.

We can be out on the beach at night, but there are usually multiple people/bonfires and being late at night, there are more state park officers patrolling the beach than during the day. They actually regularly hassled a Wiccan circle I used to go to back when I was still attending full moon ceremonies, haha. It's for this reason I probably would not recommend anything seriously sexual, but it depends on the coverage of the state park patrols in your area I'd imagine. You shouldn't get in trouble for simply being out there though.
              LOL, Eclaire, the other day I saw some people with a bonfire at the beach where no fires are allowed. There were cops on the cliff above them AND on the beach, but down the middle of the beach where a creek lets out into the ocean and they wouldn't cross. They kept yelling at the people with their megaphones but made no impact...the cops left, and the bonfire kept going and all I could was crack up.

Why didn't they just take off their boots and go across the water if they were so worried about it?!

Comment

That would be so romantic!!

But yes do bring a blanket, there are sand mites in the sand XD

I would definitely ask or look it up, I'm sure the regulations are different on every beach.
                Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra View Post
                  Here you don't get in trouble for being on the beach at night, but they are technically closed. I would not recommend sex on the beach, they refer to crabby people as having sandy vaginas for a reason. And in Florida (at least from what I've seen) there are very few, well places to be not discovered.

All that being said, I really love being at the beach at night. It's peaceful and there aren't many people there, if there are any. I like the quiet, the darkness and being with the ocean.

LOL, Eclaire, the other day I saw some people with a bonfire at the beach where no fires are allowed. There were cops on the cliff above them AND on the beach, but down the middle of the beach where a creek lets out into the ocean and they wouldn't cross. They kept yelling at the people with their megaphones but made no impact...the cops left, and the bonfire kept going and all I could was crack up.

Why didn't they just take off their boots and go across the water if they were so worried about it?!
                  LOL. Oh the innaproppriate comments I could make. But that's hilarious.
                  { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                  Met online: February 2009
                  Feelings confessed: December 2010
                  Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                  Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                  First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                  Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                  Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                  Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                  to be continued...

Comment

Oh, how I would love some sex on the beach at night.

It's definitely not allowed(the sex part), you could get arrested for indecent exposure. And most beaches do have closing hours. I know around here its not long after sunset. But if you found a really deserted beach I'm sure you could get away with it. Oh, and definitely yes on the blanket part. A friend of mine in highschool called sex on the beach "The Screaming Seagull" cause thats what you sound like if sand gets in the wrong places, lol.

I live in California, and my SO lives in Oklahoma. He's never seen the beach. The other day my friends and I got breakfast at this lovely Brazilian cafe and ate it on the cliffs overlooking the beach. I took a picture and sent it to him saying I wished he were here. He loved the picture and said he really wished he could have been there. I cant wait till he can visit and I can show him.

Finding myself.

Comment

Here in NC, the beaches are open 24 hours. You will find people out walking all nite long. i wouldnt go in the water cuz people fish for small sharks on the shore at dusk (too close for my comfort). But there is nothing more romantic that being on the beach at nite with someone you really love
                      everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Near me the beaches technically close at sunset (Tampa/St. Petersburg area - West Coast). So it really depends on where you are vacationing.

Then again, I've never seen a beach patrol of any sort.... They do sometimes patrol the parking lots though.

I don't think I'd ever have the courage to do it. The Florida beaches are so open - I wouldn't know where to hide!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Depends on the beach :P And in what city jaja

Comment

Wow. I totally have a private beach at my neighborhood that's filled with old people who don't go at night. The last time I went there it was with my ex while we were together and our town police man found us...erm...making out. The only reason we got caught was because my ex parked his car the wrong way and NOT on the actual beach parking place.....fail
                            my SO and I could probably walk when he visits, and then...

Hehehe, I like this thread!
                            And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Comment

Working...
                            X