Jar full of crazy ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jar full of crazy ideas!

I've been thinking about this for a while - and I even suggested it to Obi, but like most of my ideas, he shot it down in flames. It's hard for him to branch out and try new things... but I'm working on that. He let me draw all over him yesterday (after a lot of pushing on my part) and we both had fun (would have been more fun if I hadn't had to spend so much time getting knocked back, but whatever.) So, being positive and open is great for your relationship... and isn't really what this thread is about.

Yay ramble haha.

What it is about is creating a jar full of crazy ideas. Or maybe more than one jar - a jar for things that cost money, a jar for things that are sexual and a jar for things that are free? Be crazier to have them all together though Oh! They could be colour coded but in the same jar! Hah, I'm a genious. and I think I spelt that wrong.

Anyway, my idea was to sit down and brainstorm a hundred or so activities, put them on scraps of paper and stick them in a jar. (This part would be great for LDR's, think of all the conversations that will come out of thinking up stuff to do!) It's probably already on the list, it's been a while since I looked!
    Then, when you're both so bored you can't think of something fun to do, you pull one out and the rule is that you have to follow through and do it! they could be things that can only be done at a distance OR they could be things you can do together later.

But, I don't want all the ideas in my jar to be mine So I think we can all work on this together!

Who wants to make a jar of crazy ideas with me?!

One or two ideas just to start it off:
    * Let your SO draw all over you (Or let them tell you what to draw and where for cam fun)
    * Play the same song and get up and dance/ play a song and dance together
    * Race each other around the block/ race to go get a snack and come back to the pc
    * Let your SO put make-up on you.

Just little activities that take between 15 minutes and an hour....
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Awesome idea! None to add ATM, but you never know what might pop into my head.

Comment

Aww, what a cute idea! Sadly I don't have anything to add for myself at the moment, but I'd love to have more ideas of quick, fun things to do when it start to get slow

Comment

So these arn't crazy, but they can be fun.
        Play cards together. Yahoo! has a bunch you can play online together.
        Read together. Alternate chapters in a book and read on the phone, or in person.
        Learn something new to teach your SO the next time you see them. A new cookie to bake, a new sauce to try, or something more ambitious like knitting or crocheting.
        Mad libs. Need I say more?
        Truth or Dare. more fun via web cam....
        That is all I have time for...back to work! But it is a great idea Zephii! I'm sure Obi will come around.

Comment

FUN idea! Did it turn out well?

Comment

Actually, I may steal your idea! Brain's not functioning enough to come up with any ideas currently, but I'll be with the boy in the summer for a couple months and though we have some plans, like the zoo, we're mostly going to be limited on funds and therefore doing a lot of free things, so something like this would definitely be creative and fun! I'll propose it to him and see how he feels about it.
            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
            Met online: February 2009
            Feelings confessed: December 2010
            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
            to be continued...

Comment

I love you. No really, I do. This is the best idea Iīve ever heard for LDRīs. I donīt care if you canīt spell genius, because you are one! I will definitely be bringing this up to Miguel tonight!

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
              -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
              \

Comment

YAY! Thank you for proposing this, Zeph! <3 He agreed to it. I suggested using it like a countdown/come up with an idea daily, but he suggested we get together every Sunday and each come up with three ideas, but we can't tell each other what they are. It'll simply be easier to have a day where it's scheduled and we'll both be able to encourage/motivate each other more that way. Excited! This is gonna be a fun thing for summer!
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

I think this is a really great idea and I think it can be modified to be more long term. The way I'm thinking of it, you and your partner could write down bold, daring, or crazy ideas whenever you have them and put them in the jar. They would have to be affordable and reasonably safe, of course. But then, whenever you and your SO had some time to spend together but didn't know what to do, you could pull an idea from the jar. Even better, don't tell your SO what ideas you put in the jar... It's more fun!
                  Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                  Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                  Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Excellent!!! He said Yes And he gave an idea for a little twist: We arenīt going to tell each other the things we write down, so when we pull it out of the jar, it will be a surprise for one of us. Hehe I canīt wait to get started!

-Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                    \

Comment

Oh here's a fun idea: even if you aren't athletically capable, go to a garage sale/thrift store/junk shop with a budget say, $10, and buy some ridiculous workout clothes. Then go for a walk/jog in a busy park and act all serious.
                      Or act like tourists and get people to take your picture with the ordinary things, like benches or trees.

I love this idea, by the way! I will be telling my SO about it shortly. (Hopefully he's okay with it!)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                        Oh here's a fun idea: even if you aren't athletically capable, go to a garage sale/thrift store/junk shop with a budget say, $10, and buy some ridiculous workout clothes. Then go for a walk/jog in a busy park and act all serious.
                        I LOVE that idea LMAO

-Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                        \

Comment

Threads like this remind me I've been on this site way too long haha

It's weird, Obi and I were talking about this the other day and he's like "A jar of ideas would be great! We need to do that " (Because obviously I never got around to it!) So yay, I'm glad he's on board now.

Unfortuantly right now we don't have free time, so this project is still on the back-burner. But yeah, when I eventually do it (and I will) I'll make a list of ideas.
                          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Many thanks for the jar of crazy ideas! Found an old metal piggy bank shaped like a little house and cut out strips of all sorts of colored paper and wrote some activity accompanied by little drawings of the activity. (ex. make pancakes together, and drew a little plate full of pancakes with NOMNOMNOM next to it). Sure is slowly starting to get filled, and my SO loved watching me as i was drawing the notes and teasing him with not showing him what they were.

Comment

Working...
                            X