Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comic saaaaaaaaaans!!

heh.
    this is the most amazing game in the exsistance. it is *perfect* for long distance couples.

do you know the "comic sans" font on microsoft word? well comic sans is over used and annoying.

therefore, some clever people have created a game, where you take a picture of some comic sans writing, and others comment with "comic saaaaans!!!!!"

ive developed this abit for our long distance relationship.

so this morning, i noticed my school planner had a sticker on it with comic sans.... so i used "whatsapp" (its an internet texting thing for android and blackberry, i use it as it is free!) and took a picture, and wrote "comic saaaaans!!" afterwards.

about an hour later, he responded. with an image of his contact log. with a "comic saaaaaans!!!!" underneath

the aim is to try and find some comic sans writing as quickly as you can when it is your go :P

thought id suggest it

p.s yes, i did go hunting round the school with the best guyfriend to find some more comic sans images... and yes, i have them stored on my phone for later use.... :3

I'm so glad somebody else has acknowledged how awful that font is. Maybe I'm a snob, but, I can't take anything that's written in Comic Sans seriously. I'm a Cambria person, myself.

Comment

My phone lacks a camera, soooo I don't think this wouldn't work for me but I agree it is way overused.

Comment

Fun idea!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
          I'm so glad somebody else has acknowledged how awful that font is. Maybe I'm a snob, but, I can't take anything that's written in Comic Sans seriously.
          Well, my boyfriend has used this font on MSN for as long as I've known him! Haha, no, I'm totally kidding about being mad I don't mind it myself, but that's probably for the aforementioned reason. I hadn't realised it was so overused until I saw this thread though. Neither of us have smartphones, so I don't think we could afford to play this game sending normal picture messages. Nonetheless, the next time we're together I'll make sure to point and cry "Comic Saaaaans!" every time I see it

Comment

That's an awesome game! And I agree with what you think of that font too.

Comment

LOL that used to be my favorite font on MSN messenger. xD It's so overused now. I've started growing a fond love of "Georgia."

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
                LOL that used to be my favorite font on MSN messenger. xD It's so overused now. I've started growing a fond love of "Georgia."
                I love Georgia. Haaate Comic Sans. I can so see myself doing this for as much as I loathe the font.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

https://bancomicsans.com/

My bf is a designer, don't need to explain how he feels about it. I always hated it too, it's just an ugly font. One of the best features of Adium, my messenger app, is that I can override other people's fonts - my best friend types in pink Comic Sans, if I couldn't override it I honestly couldn't chat with her like that. I don't like any handwritten font really, they all look cheap and only meant for comic books. When you have a chunk of text in particular, the readability is horrible. I also hate Verdana in print, it looks clumsy. I normally stick to Helvetica and Futura, Georgia and Times New Roman.
                  Last edited by Malaga; April 15, 2012, 09:05 PM.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Lol at all the Comic Saaaaannnsss comments :P

My mom is a kindergarten teacher so I've had my fair share of comic saaaaansss. My sis and I always had to make random things like coloring sheets or activity sheets with that font+print+help cut shtuff Hah fun times

Originally posted by lademoiselle View Post
                    Nonetheless, the next time we're together I'll make sure to point and cry "Comic Saaaaans!" every time I see it
                    lademoiselle - lol! Once my SO caught on with it he would probably get way out of hand. I won't be able to stop him once he starts running around yelling like a Spartan :P

Comment

Working...
                    X