Buying Food For SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Food For SO?

So, me and my SO have gotten into the habit of trying to buy food for each other. I wonder if there are any other couples who do this sometimes? I have come to a small problem, where I tried to buy my SO food with my card, and the card got declined, then I got a call from the bank questioning about the transaction. I confirmed that it was me, trying to make a purchase, and they said they would clear the transaction, and that I should be able to try again in five minutes. I wait twenty minutes, try again, and the same thing happened. Is there anything I should do? Should I call them back, telling the same thing happened? They gave me a 1800 number to call. I have purchased stuff for my SO on this card before with no problems, and now, it is a bit of a pain.

Is this happening in person or online? I know that typically, you're supposed to alert the company/bank to that you're going to be travelling between x and y dates, and you shouldn't have any problem beyond that. If it's happening online... That's strange and I have never personally faced the issue before. :/ I'd call the 1-800 number in a couple hours if it's still happening. 20 minutes is not that long, even though they said 5. I'd at least wait an hour. :/
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Eclaire. Yeah, it was happening online. This is the first time that's happened. When I was on the phone with them, I asked if I will be able to make any future UK purchases with the card, and according to the guy, there is no guarantee that it won't happen. He says that if it does happen in the future though, to call the 1800 and they should clear it up. :/

Comment

Working...
      X