No announcement yet.

Skype Sleepover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do it via FaceTime, on our iPads. The screen doesn't go black, but our rooms are dark so I don't see him. I know he is there because I hear him, and his three dogs, SNORING. My biggest issue is the dogs keep me awake. I have three dogs as well, and they aren't allowed in my room because they wake me up. But I like knowing he is right there....... But tonight I willbe sleeping NEXT to him!
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
      I keep a soft lamp on that is on the floor, so the light isn't in my face too much. My SO keeps on a lamp and wears an eye mask to block out the light. When he wants to see me, he lifts the mask and takes a peek.
      THAT'S GENIUS! i'll have to send him an eye mask!

Comment

Originally posted by eeelaynuh View Post
        THAT'S GENIUS! i'll have to send him an eye mask!
        Glad you like the idea. Hope he's willing to try it.

Comment

Hey people,

I'm new here, I have a question about Skype sleepover, first of all its sounds lovely but ur laptop screen doesn't go black at some point?

Comment

We've been doing this the past few nights, and it's amazing. We have a five hour time difference, but luckily he likes to stay up late and I like to go to bed early. Right now he's asleep and I've turned my microphone off so I won't wake him, but if he wakes in the night he'll look over and see me.

Comment

We did this once (it was actually a mistake) and it was so sweet! We're on different sleeping schedules though so we haven't been able to again but I'd love to try.

Comment

I'd like to do this with my S/O, but due to the fact our house doesn't have enough bedrooms (for 3 daughters all over 20 and my parents) it still means I have to share with my twin sister. And she is disabled, and gets quite frustrated at night if I stay on Skype even a second longer than 11.30pm at night, as she likes to stick to her particular routine (she has this thing where she doesn't like change) so it makes it harder for me to arrange having a Skype sleepover with my S/O. I usually skype at night from 10pm until 11.30pm on my iPhone, less wires and less light to annoy my sister then...but I know if I go beyond 11.30pm - she'll likely have a problem with it. I was wondering if anyone has any advice to help me and my S/O have one of these, especially in my sleeping arrangements.

I also have a bit of a thing where I don't like leaving things plugged in all night, I have a phobia of there being fires at night...so I don't want to leave my phone plugged in all night next to me but I know there'll be chances my battery will run out before morning.

Any ideas?

Comment

My SO and I have started doing this as well! Some of you lucky ladies get it every night but when we do fall asleep together, it's the best. Definitely suggest this for any and every LDR!

Comment

Originally posted by purple_star View Post
                    Hey people,

I'm new here, I have a question about Skype sleepover, first of all its sounds lovely but ur laptop screen doesn't go black at some point?
                    It can~ You can change the settings on your laptop to dim the screen and make it to where it doesn't go to sleep. I usually dim the brightness all the way down and if we aren't on cam, turn my laptop around so the light doesn't bother me!

Comment

I wish we could do this, but between sharing my room with my twin and him having misophonia it wouldn't work out. Hearing me breathe over the mic would keep him awake or even make him quit the call all together, not his fault and I hold no grudge against him.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

It would be difficult with him 15 hours ahead of me, but once, during his work day, he was in his car on a break (he's a taxi driver), on Skype with me, and said he needed a small sleep, and both of us fell asleep! It was special, hearing him breathe, and his soft snoring, very comforting and intimate. I loved it.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

My SO and I do this every weekend, either one or both nights. And then on longer weekends, we even get snacks and watch a movie or play a game before we sleep. Our 17 (or just 7 the other way) hour difference ain't got nothin on our skype sleeps <3 I love sleeping with him so much, I'm just so comfortable with him there, and I have the deepest most relaxing sleeps when I know he's there. I love hearing his breathing, and even his little snores. But I have to say one of my favorite things is when I happen to find him doing the weirdest things in his sleep, and I record him or take a picture and show him in the morning. We usually can't stop laughing. We both usually wake up at the same exact time and start laughing at the stupidest things. My goodness I love my boy so much.

Comment

I did this for the first time last week because of this board's suggestion and I was SUPER tickled about the outcome!!! It really made me feel close to my guy and he likes doing it too! Thank you!

Comment

So James (s/n here The Doctor) and I technically had our first Skype sleepover Thursday night as a trial run of sorts - which I didnt sleep very much because I didnt have my sleep meds but sharing a night with him was lovely - Skype did cut out on us a few times but it was fixable. Waking up to his smile was heaven in a much similar was as it was when we were physically together. We did this again Friday night after I came home from work (5pm my time, 11pm his) and after Skyping a friend in a group call we started our alone time which of course was wonderfully romantic and sweet and passionate. He went to sleep near 2am his time (8pm my time) and I stayed up a couple hours more. He had a couple nightmares at first - random stresses, and one really beautiful dream - where he spoke out loud - about our future together. He had 2 of these types of dreams where he spoke them out aloud when we were together - and I recorded it and showed him as well. We were both giddy, especially when part of the dream had not only something beautiful about us and our future but something exciting and wonderful about friends of ours' future. It was precious. After the third time he awoke he went back to sleep and I waited an hour or to and went to sleep after him to make sure he was alright - and there were times Skype cut out I think possibly but we have it set up to where it automatically answers if we call - so I called back when it would cut out. He awoke once to me sleeping and told me later he was beaming with happiness, like I was right there with him. I loved doing the same. We slept in a couple times, which I needed probably as much as he. Eventually got up after 8:00am-ish his time, after 2:00am my time - which I was fine with of course, long as I could get my coffee and I did have a few tall cups - but it was worth it. We never get bored of each other's company ever. At the rate of time we spend together we should but we don't, it's kinda funny in and of itself. He played songs for me - one of which is one he's writing for and about me - sang to me some of my favourite songs and when he had to go to town to get his vitamin supplements he called me on his cell. When he went out earlier to get takeaway lunch it was perfect time for me to get a shower and come back and there he was =) He went out a bit later with his mother for a bit while my landlord and I rearranged furniture around our living room a little and talked a bit and we came back to each other and we even stayed up late talking (2am his time, 8pm mine) and he even offered to do it again but in the interest of he/his mother saving money on his end I declined. He will call me when he gets up though which I cant wait for. He truly is the most wonderful boyfriend/my future everything. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think before we met our love would be so beautiful. I'm lucky and so grateful.

P.S. this will definitely be a regular thing for us =) Highly recommended!!
                              First met and got together in the UK May 17th 2014
                              Spent our first week together in the UK May 17th-May 24th 2014
                              Next visit PLANNED for James to visit Alabama January 23rd-31st 2015
                              I return to UK to meet his family May 16th-24th 2015 =)

That is, Lord willin' and the creek don't rise...

Comment

My girlfriend and I have been doing this for almost as long as our relationship.
                                We're only two hours apart so it's not too bad. Unfortunately, if something comes up and we can't sleep together, it defiantly takes a toll on us and we end up having bad sleeps and nightmares but other than that, it's the best feeling ever to be sleeping together on Skype. It's so precious.

Comment

Working...
                                X