Skype Sleepover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype Sleepover!

Last night my SO and I had a Skype sleepover! I really badly wanted to have one, just to see what it was like because all of you have said really good things about it, but I was a little worried about asking my SO because I didn't know what his reaction would be. But I asked him and he said yes!
    I have to say it is the best thing ever! Apart from having a real sleepover with him, that is!
    At first we laid in bed and talked for a bit, then we decided to go to sleep, it was so nice hearing him tell me that he loves me right before he went to sleep like he does when we're together! And then every time I woke up in the night I saw him fast asleep, looking as cute as ever!
    Anyone who is contemplating doing a Skype sleepover, you should definitely do it, it's one of the best things ever!
    No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

My GF and I do this here and now! We set up Skype to automatically answer calls as well. If my laptop is running hot, I can turn if off the for the night and call my GF in the morning when she is asleep and I can guard her

Comment

weird thing is, when my SO and I do this it's impossible to see each other, the screens are totally black and he sleeps super far away from his desktop and yet I still love sleeping with him. I guess it's just knowing that he's there.

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I love sleeping with my SO over skype. It's so relaxing to hear his breathing, and he looks so peaceful. He's told me how much he enjoys it as well. Our 6 hour time difference means we have to plan our skype sleepovers ahead of time, but it's worth it. lol.

Comment

I've asked my SO to do Skype sleepovers, but he says it's too difficult because of the 6 hour time difference. I know it would be hard, but I really want try it. I think I'm going to mention it again tomorrow and tell him how much I want to try it and see what he says. He is usually good about trying things I want even when they're hard (though I may have to ask once or twice). You all have inspired me to ask him again! Thanks everyone!
          sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

My SO and I call it Skeeping! hehe
            We used to do it all the time until my internet provider started limiting our bandwidth per month. So now we do it when we need it or miss each other a little more than usual. It's really great to wake up to her face.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

My SO and I do that every night. Hahaha. And if for some reason we can't, I find it very hard to sleep.

Comment

One of the awesome things to do woth your long distance love. Its the best feeling ever. Waking up in the middle of night and hearing his breathing its just so much comforting and relaxing that every thing else vanishes from mind and it gets refreshed
                Sleeping alone doesnt get me as refreshed as sleeping with him on skype
                i feel sad because we dont do it as frequently as we used to. Because of 12 hours time difference We are not able to do it now because of my research work in university in my day time ( his night) and his classes in his day time (my night). Its something which makes me really sad. But still we manage to do it for an hour or two when i get back from my university which is somewhat mind-soothening thing.

Comment

Me and my SO haven't tried this but we are going to this this friday ;D I can't wait xD Thanks for inspiraring me guys ;D!

Comment

That is such a cute idea! I wish we could do that but I'm not allowed to use electronics after lights out Such a sad life

Comment

This is the one of the coolest ideas I've heard of in a long time!!! I just texted my SO to let him know about this amazing idea. So excited right now haha!!
                      sigpic
                      02/21/09 - The day I really started living and breathing!

Comment

We tried it last night and it was great. We'll do it tonight as well. Great idea!

Comment

I wish we could! I go to bed muuuch too early and he goes to bed much to late for this to work! Oh well, I'll just cherish the time we DO get to sleep together.

Comment

It's not a game but something that I've done with my SO is we've found a recipe for cookies or something and then we both bake them at the same time as we talk to each other over the phone. Then we send each other photos afterwards ^^

Comment

After reading this thread my SO and I gave it a try, and I just have to say, this was a wonderful way to fall asleep and wake up in the morning! We both talked for a bit, then decided it was time to go to sleep, though every so often we'd catch each other peeking to see if the other was awake, lol. I got caught a few times, but I just couldn't help it, he's just so cute when he's half-asleep! Then this morning, I heard his alarm go off, and I woke up and wished him good morning before he had to head off to class. To be honest, I woke up a few times during the night, and just opening my eyes, and seeing he was still there, still asleep, it just made me feel so happy and safe, I'd just smile and then go right back to sleep. I definitely recommend this, it's such a great thing for an LDR couple to do.
                              First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
                              Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
                              Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Comment

Working...
                              X