No announcement yet.

Video Chat for the Shy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is maybe too fast forward to go on skype webcam talking right away I was very shy at the beginning too, so first SO spoke to me, cameras off, so I would get used to his voice Then it took me a lot of bravery to speak out myself, couple days later But we still kept it at chatting until SO went on a camera, then mine was off again- that way for around a month or so Then I turned on my camera too, and started getting used to it, but we still wrote and webcammed, and the next step after all these, couple months in the relationship, was to start speaking and webcamming at the same time So take time ^^

Comment

Originally posted by libelle View Post
      It is maybe too fast forward to go on skype webcam talking right away I was very shy at the beginning too, so first SO spoke to me, cameras off, so I would get used to his voice Then it took me a lot of bravery to speak out myself, couple days later But we still kept it at chatting until SO went on a camera, then mine was off again- that way for around a month or so Then I turned on my camera too, and started getting used to it, but we still wrote and webcammed, and the next step after all these, couple months in the relationship, was to start speaking and webcamming at the same time So take time ^^
      Yes, this! I was really nervous on webcam the first few times with my SO.. I would often hide from the camera at the beginning and hardly ever spoke a word. Then we took a break from it and when we started again, we did voice call only first and it was so much easier, and then we added video after awhile of that.. and now I have no reservations at all about being on camera with him. It's something you get used to.

Comment

Probably talking to myself here as this thread is old but it's interesting...she was familiar with using webcam and skype. She also talked to large groups as a teacher in classes, not shy at all, but I had never done it previously so I found it very awkward. I put it off for months saying I'll get the cam soon, though she let me see her on webcam, sometimes with her mic on, sometimes just texting. Later we tried gtalk or ym and used mic which was ok. Then seeing each other on camera (still just texting) was totally weird for me. I'm so self-conscious! I looked awful on cam even when I was ok in the mirror or photos. I just thought she looked like the cutest thing ever no matter what she did. I just sat sort of transfixed there looking at her in awe. Speaking on webcam is still not easy, for lack of practice or whatever. I couldnt act naturally so it was hard to think of what to say. but you have to realise you will see them in real life, or hope to, and its good to let the other get used to your face, your voice and being ok with talking to each other face to face.

Comment

It's really nice to know that I'm not the only one that had issues with video chat! I liked the ideas shared about working up to full-on webcam; we never thought of that. I'm not sure if he's interested anymore but it hasn't come up at all and we haven't tried in a very long time!

Comment

I didn't like vchatting him for a week or so, now that my laptop is broken, all I want to do is vchat him... I didn't think he liked vchatting me as much as he does until this morning.

Comment

Working...
            X