No announcement yet.

Do you cook together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope lol. We cook for each other, but if I'm cooking for him he stays out of the way which is how I like it. If he's making me something I stay out of the way too, but that's mainly because if I were to join him I'd end up taking over and that would defeat the purpose. I'm not good at team work when I know that I'm better qualified to handle it on my own. He isn't a terrible cook but watching him cook is painfully adorable, 'cause he looks so awkward while trying to do things like chop parsley or crack an egg. He once tried to mix water and oil to boil fries, so I'm always a little wary when he cooks. I let him do it though because I know it's out of the kindness of his heart

Comment

We kinda do. I say kinda because it's either he cooks something for me and I help him out (by peeling and dicing and stuff) or the other way around. We don't have much in common when it comes to cuisine, so one of us has to take the lead. I love it. It's so relaxing.
      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

A lot of these ideas sound sooo good!!!

Comment

We cooked with each other over Skype the other day. Nothing special, just Italian sausage and some side dishes. But, it was way more fun than I thought it would be!!! Something we'll definitely do again!

Comment

I wanted to add that I've recently found myself to use cooking as a coping mechanism, like when I need distraction while she's at work and we can't talk. I guess it takes me back to when we cook together and that makes me feel better! Not bad for someone who hated cooking before huh!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Not very often. I find cooking together is like showering together - one of those things that are romantic in theory but in reality at least one of us is wet and cold at any given time. We just bump into each other when trying to cook together. We do like to cook for each other though I love watching him prepare food while I relax with a glass of whisky in hand

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

We cook together all the time!

His breakfast/my lunch:

French toast with maple syrup, fresh fruit and cream.
                Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and cherry tomatoes.

His lunch/my dinner:

Foil baked salmon fillets on a bed of green beans, anchovies, black olives and cherry tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice.
                Spaghetti with tiger prawns, garlic, lemon juice and parsley (our first meal together.)
                Moroccan chicken with chick peas and lemon and herb cous cous.
                Pan-fried cuttlefish with garlic and parsley, roasted red peppers and samphire. (One of the dishes we cooked together when he first visited England.)
                Chicken breasts in a creamy wild mushroom sauce.

Cakes:

Coffee flavoured Bundt cake! (One of my first attempts at American cakes - although I have made Red Velvet cupcakes before.)

Cooking together (and eating the results) is just one of the activities that we love to do.

Comment

Before I came to Korea we cooked together pretty much every day and apparantly we're a really good team. We cook vegetarian dishes, because my SO is a vegetarian, and I don't want to cook two different things, that would be silly. Now the time difference is a bit of a problem, because with that it doesn't make much sense for us to cook together. Sometimes we still do it though and just eat at unusual hours. Yesterday we did that, and then had a candlelight dinner. Oh and we also did the dishes together yesterday

Comment

Working...
                  X