Fun Idea for a Facebook Group for Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasad View Post
    A group is basically a page that you lock down to certain people etc.... Messenger is the chat app.
    Is there any differences between sharing things in the Group than Messenger? Lol. I don't know, I'm still confused with using a Group instead of Messenger I guess. I did everything in Messenger, link articles, write to him, send pics, send videos. I've hear stories about Groups, like you warned about.

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
      Is there any differences between sharing things in the Group than Messenger? Lol. I don't know, I'm still confused with using a Group instead of Messenger I guess. I did everything in Messenger, link articles, write to him, send pics, send videos. I've hear stories about Groups, like you warned about.
      They are creating a whole new facebook page. So they can post, share, send links etc. You are using the chat program, and are sharing with 1 or more people with chat.
      So, they have to log in and see the page, where you are using like instant messenger... That help at all ??

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
        what I like about this idea of creating a group is - we can share things (same as we've been doing with Messenger and whatsapp) but it won't really delete either. So we can make kind of an archive of our talks. For example, before when I shared an interesting article, we'd discuss it, one line one reply etc and it would keep moving up. Now in the group I can post the article (or he can) and I can respond directly to that article using the "reply/comment" feature, and our whole discussion is now attached to THAT article - we an have longer/more involved discussions too and even come back to them later - like say the next week I think of something to add - I can.

We can even have continuing conversations. For instance, we've both been reading the Federalist Papers and talking on whatsapp about them. Well now, I can ust make a post about it - and we can keep adding comments/replying to them. Kind of like a personal forum. We can go back and look at each other's arguments, think about them and respond in a more in depth way.

I hadn't thought of this until this thread but as soon as I saw it I knew it was perfect for us!

Comment

Working...
        X