Screen sharing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen sharing?

Does anyone know of a way to share your screen that has a decent FPS and doesn't lag much? We thought we'd play games with each other, but sometimes one of us just wants to watch the other. We've done DS games through Skype, but we're having lag issues with DosBox games.

Edit: We found a site called Yuuguu that was pretty good. Skype still seems to have higher FPS, but I think it's because you can select smaller portions of your screen to share, so it's not always transmitting the whole desktop. But Yuuguu was nice because you could connect it to other IMs and it had a option to increase performance or quality.

We're still searching for something with a decent enough FPS, but it's probably the amount of constant transferring data that is the problem. He thought he could just record video and send it to me, but then he wouldn't know when he'd do it since if he's on the computer usually I am (time differences :P) lol
    Last edited by Alisz; February 2, 2010, 02:45 PM.

I have thought of this before. I think it would be cool to literally browse the web together without having to actually be at the same computer. I have tried searching in the past for something like this, but it was hard to search for something like this.
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Comment

Oh that definitely would be cool! I didn't realise that Skype had that feature. Too bad Skype usually hates me though :P.

Comment

ooooO!!!!!! I wish Frank were awake right now so we could try this:

https://www.twiddla.com/

this lets you browse the web together. Haha, I stayed up late trying to search for this again. I think I found it, but can't try it out. So someone try it and let me know if it is good or not.

edit...You don't need to browse with someone else, so despite Frank not being awake I did try it. I tried going to youtube, but videos don't work, but you can still browse webpages and draw all over them.
        Last edited by Michelle; February 1, 2010, 02:21 AM.
        Read my LDR story!
        Facebook
        Instagram

Comment

i used to have this program where you had like a buddy list for your firefox i believe its a plug in sort like an app lemme look it up for you

Comment

i couldnt find it i suck my badd =/

Comment

We've used the feature in Skype a few times when Jesse wants to show me something, but like you said, it's just too slow to actually watch any movies or games.

I tried Twiddla and it's an awesome tool for browsing the web together and just having fun with the drawing.

Comment

I'll have to give Twiddla a try.

Has anyone tried SeeToo (www.seetoo.com) for watching movies together? I haven't yet but it looks like it could be very useful, if it doesn't lag too much. Only one person needs to have a DVD or video file of a movie and both can watch it at the same time, synchronized and there is no need for uploading the movie or anything.

Comment

Ah ha!
                  https://www.manycam.com/ <---- ManyCam is a great tool for sharing desktop. It has a bit of a lag, depending on what messenger you are using and what type of processor you have (I'm sure). If you do have webcams, it has fun little things you can add to your cam for 'more fun', I guess you could say. Definitely a good program, especially if you just want to 'start the program, change cam settings, and go'.

Three and a half stars though because I feel that the program needs a little bit of an update.
                  Overall? Still good!

Comment

I wish I could use things like manycam... but it only seems to work with some applications I have been known to cam on... and the screen share usually lags my comp all to death... guess I need more memory LOL It is a good program and can be tons of fun when it works though!

Comment

oh wow, manycam is cool.

I have list of things to add to the list of things to do now! haha.

Comment

Nothing like a "new:" site to start bringing out new ideas? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Gurl View Post
                          Nothing like a "new:" site to start bringing out new ideas? LOL
                          I know, the participation has been so great.

Comment

Lol!
                            Manycam is great. I will be on the look out for more 'screen sharing' programs as well as sites, like the ones listed above, that allow couples to search webpages together, without installing programs.
                            ...Actually, George asked me out using ManyCam. We were playing on Microsoft Paint together. He would write something, I would reply.
                            Of course, he typed it out, on Paint, in binary code and that he loved me. ...Thanks, ManyCam.
                            Haha!

Comment

I'll have to try manycam!
                              Jay and I have gone on several "dates" together using skype screen-sharing (works for us most of the time, but not always... works better when I'm viewing his Mac than when he's trying to view my pc)

We choose a city in the world, go to google maps, and then use the "street view" function to take a walk. One person is in control for a bit, then we switch computers and the other person goes where they want to go.
                              It's one of my favorite things to do with him at a distance.

Comment

Working...
                              X