Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Board Games

Hello all!

I just wanted to share this. Basically, I love board games and many people don't really know half of them. There's a ton of good games out there.

What I like about board games is that you spend some time just you and your friends (or in this case SO) and you have fun playing a game. I believe it's more personal than computer games too. It's often more about interaction between you and your partner than other things like watching a movie (not that that isn't great either, haha.). So! Why not give it a shot? I really enjoy it and it's not as lame as one might think! In fact, some of these are also available online!

Here is a list of sites to play online: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/p...m=Online_Play#

Some sites require subscription and others you need to download software, but it's all free. In fact, some you can play right of the bat!

Some games worthy of note (love them: Carcassone (a pretty easy tile laying game), Settlers of Catan (build cities, collect resources), Lost Cities (a pretty easy card game, that is original and designed for 2 players). You can look up the rules often on the site itself, but manuals are available too (use google).

I hope you enjoy it!

Have a nice day,

San.
    Adia, you're on my mind and in my heart...

Thanks for the link!

Me and Jesse have played quite a lot of Scrabble online (at wabble.org), as well as poker and Pictionary. And we play even more when we're together in person - mostly Monopoly, Risk, Chess and Stratego. I love them!

Comment

Thanks for this link! It's a great idea! We've never really tried it. I love playing games- I often have friends over for drinks and to play board games. My SO says he doesn't really like playing games, but I'm definitely going to try to convince him to try it

Comment

It's great to know there are others out there that play board games. My favorites are Trivial Pursuit, Sequence, Risk, and good ole cribbage. Thanks for the links.

Comment

Thanks for the link! Andy and I are nuts about games so we'll definitely give this a go!

Comment

Just got a link to this website on Facebook. There are several fun games available to play alone or with your contacts. So far I've only tried playing them as a single-player, but I would love to play them with my SO!

www.metrogames.com

Comment

That's great, thanks!

Comment

Webopoly is pretty enjoyable! Especially if you're both ultra-competitive :P
                In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Ultra-competitive doesn't cover it with us though, I'd say ultra-super-über-competitive would be closer to the truth

Comment

Working...
                  X