What would you appreciate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you appreciate?

Basically I am running out of new ideas what to do for my boyfriend, so I suggest exchanging ideas between men and women - what would you like to get?

I as a girl love:
    flowers (none of my boyfriends gave me a flower, but my male friends did hundred times)
    chocolate (I am chocoholic)
    his t-shirts to sleep in
    when he sends me random photos, songs, movies (it's even nicer when he says it reminds him of me or us :P)

can't think of anything else right now

Great idea for a thread!

I love it when she sends me a hand written letter, but the best part is when she sprays some of her scent on it, always do that

It never fails to being a smile to my face

And maybe a tear to my eye occasionally...
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Me, I like getting/giving things that have meaning behind them such as inside jokes or the like. If I see something and it reminds me of my SO I tend to get it for him and tell him how it made me think of him. Or even stuff as jokes, like I went to New Orleans last week and bought an antique Bordello coin for him because I knew he'd find it funny like I did, that and it's something to tell people "yeah my girlfriend sent me an old whorehouse coupon coin". Doesn't have to be huge or traditional stuff, I like giving/getting maybe half a dozen tiny things if they have more meaning and even use than one big thing, you know?

Comment

I appreciate things that show he's listened to me and useful things that I can have with me through the day. I like letters and cards and think a gift is less special if it doesn't come with a letter/card.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
          I appreciate things that show he's listened to me and useful things that I can have with me through the day. I like letters and cards and think a gift is less special if it doesn't come with a letter/card.
          I agree with this. Letters or little notes make it ten times better and show it's personal.

Comment

I love when he gets me flowers, jewelry, anything cute

Comment

For me, it's all about little gestures that let me know she's thinking of me. It could be a simple "I love you" text message, a love letter posted to our private little love blog, posting a song that makes her think of me on her Facebook wall, clicking "like" on my Facebook status. Even the tiniest gesture to let me know I'm on her mind just fills my heart with joy.

In getting ready for her arrival on Tuesday, I bought her some chai mix (I love my coffee, she loves her chai.) I texted her to find out what flavor she likes and purchased it so it will be here when she arrives. She told me that was really a sweet and thoughtful gesture.

It doesn't take a whole lot to make us feel appreciated. Just knowing she's thinking of me makes me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by willieboy View Post
                It doesn't take a whole lot to make us feel appreciated. Just knowing she's thinking of me makes me happy.
                Absolutely agreed.

She's three hours ahead of me so she usually has to wait a few hours before I'm awake too. One morning when I finally texted her that I was awake she responded with "I missed you!" and that alone made me smile (and still makes me smile now).

We haven't exchanged physical addresses yet, but if she were to ever send me something, anything she would send would make me smile. All it would have to do is remind her of me and as long as I knew that, I'd love it!

Comment

Before purplepirate and I got serious, she sent me a birthday card. I've kept it beside my computer monitor ever since. I really enjoy looking at her handwriting.

Seriously, if you haven't started a Love Blog, I encourage you to do it. Purp and I have one through blogger.com that is only accessible to us, and we both post little love notes, youtube videos of love songs, pictures, and other sweetness to it. Checking it and seeing something there from her is a real highlight of my day whenever she posts. And it's nice to just scroll through the old posts, like having a scrapbook of love letters that I can access from anywhere.

Methinks it's time I made another handwritten note. I'll scan it and post it as an image on our little blog. She'll love it!

Comment

I would love one of his wore (unwashed ) tshirts to sleep in at night. I'd love flowers, I've never ever received flowers, but it would be lovely! Chocolate, every girl loves chocolates. Teddy Bears, I'm in love with Me To You Bears so I do like to receive these. I'd alos like to get a hand written letter, he's sent me a few and I love them
                    [CENTER]

Comment

Like everyone else, I appreciate little things.

I know that a University of Arizona T-shirt is headed my way, as it's something from his new life (he moved out to Tucson, which is where UA is located), and the necklace I always wear has the symbol of the region in Spain where he lived.

I've sent him things like photos, books to loan, crossword puzzle books (he loves them), little things really.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I guess home/hand made stuff is the best Shows that you.. really thought about it

Comment

I would really, really love a handmade card. I wouldn't care if it looked like a 3 year old made it, that would only make me love it more.
                          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I appreciate everything my SO does for me. It could be a sweet love letter, a sexy letter, a video of her dancing to a song, pictures... it doesn't have to cost anything for me to appreciate it.

Comment

I think the best thing was when I got a package in the mail with a handwritten letter, a poem and a drawing that he did just for me. It brought tears to my eyes because it was so sweet ^.^ I also love stuffed animals and when he sends shirts sprayed with his body spray down to me too. I would love to get some printed photos, or little handmade things, I just love little things that have alot of love in them!!

Comment

Working...
                              X