Our virtual Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our virtual Dates

On nights that Joe isn't working and I don't have things going on we try and have virtual dates. We'll watch a movie together, which we tried to do using Ichat's AV share but it always made the movies cut out or delay.I think this is cute and fun because just like in real life I always fall asleep while watching the movie, and I get to see him smile during something funny.

What do you do?

That's really cute!

Comment

Matt and I haven't tried this, yet. Though, I think it would be kind of hard. We're 11 hours different in time, and I have uni starting soon. Not to mention he's on the job hunt. I have a feeling if I knew more about how to do it and make it work, we'd do it a lot more often. Same goes for eating at the same time and things...

Comment

We've never had a virtual date - don't know why really lol. It's just kinda tricky for us to have enough time alone to do a date-like thing since my daughter is always home with me and Andy lives with his family... But we've had a few all-nighters after everyeone's gone to sleep though when we've just talked all night until 6am! We were trying to do that when he was here but we both fell asleep

Comment

That time difference makes it hard but if you do it on the weekend it'd be great! we sometiems hit play at the same time rather than screen share b/c it's much easier!

Comment

Like Tanja said we've never done this, I want to though
            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by AllieOOp View Post
              we sometiems hit play at the same time rather than screen share b/c it's much easier!
              Does screen sharing work, too, like sound and everything?

Comment

We play scattegories. We split up the pieces when we were in person so we play that over webcam. We also sometimes watch a TV show or movie. Other times we'll read books, each taking turns by reading every other paragraph. We'll also both drive to the closest sonic by where we live and order strawberry cream slushes. Sometimes we'll both drive to the nearest books-a-millions by where we live and each tell each other stuff we find interesting so we'll be looking at the same section in the different stores. That's fun.

Comment

I haven't done this because he didn't have a webcam, but I just got him one for Valentine!! So we are planning on starting to do them now. I can't wait. I'm so excited

Comment

I suppose we have virtual dates, but we don't call them that. It's usually just a movie or a tv show that we watch together. Sometimes we'll play different games on Pogo or something, which is fun... even though I always lose. I'm a great ego booster! We don't do screen sharing though... we just agree on a movie/show and get copies of it, then hit play at the same time. Works just as well, we never have any problems with it!

Comment

So, what's Pogo? I really want to be able to play Scrabble with Matt over the internet, but over a week or something... Does anyone know if that's possible?

Comment

There's a thread about online board games in here somewhere...

Found it! https://members.lovingfromadistance....ne-Board-Games

Scrabble is also mentioned Sarah

Comment

I've never actually played Scrabble...
                          In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                          Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                          Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                          My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah M View Post
                            So, what's Pogo? I really want to be able to play Scrabble with Matt over the internet, but over a week or something... Does anyone know if that's possible?
                            Pogo is an online game site with a MASSIVE amount of free games. Chris and I both have "club" accounts, which we pay for, so we're able to play some other games that aren't available to free members. It's a really fun website! They have a game very similar to Scrabble, called Qwerty. I think it's actually more fun than the real Scrabble!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                              I've never actually played Scrabble...
                              I'm speechless.

Comment

Working...
                              X