No announcement yet.

The best movies for couples?.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Away We Go! It is such a sweet, funny couple movie. It makes me cry every time because the two main characters seem so genuinely happy together . If not, what about action movies? My SO and I love watching cheesy 80s action movies like Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, and Commando because they're ridiculously fun, you don't need to pay too close attention to them, and and it is a blast to do Mystery Science Theater running commentary on them.
    "These are the days of miracle and wonder. This is the long-distance call."--Paul Simon
    "I can't tell one from another. Did I find you, or you find me?
    There was a time before we were born. If someone asks, this where I'll be. . .where I'll be."--Talking Heads

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'm a big fan of horror movies, so I'm definitely going to bring some of those with me. My SO can't stand them and they might not be the best choice for a romantic evening, but I like how she snuggles into me when she gets scared. I will also bring "P.S. I love you" with me though.

Comment

oh love horror movies, sadly my SO doesn't like them either. so won't watch any but if u want some horror recommendations i got quite a few
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
          oh love horror movies, sadly my SO doesn't like them either. so won't watch any but if u want some horror recommendations i got quite a few
          For sures! I've already seen a lot of them, but which ones would you recommend?

Comment

well depends which you like, i don't care for gore to much but if you like alot of gore phychotic movie theres a movie called "martyrs" that movie is so disturbing but i watched the whole thing, give you the creeps kind of movie with alot of gore. I perfer more of the ghost stories, make you think movie, i liked "the ring", another one i saw that had me guessing to the end was the movie called "devil" about a group who gets stuck in a elevator. was intresting. I didn't care for paranormal activities but my sister recommends it. I would recommend the grudge because when i first saw it it was so scary but after watching it again a few years later, idk what freaked me out lol, the next movie im going to watch is Kairo (Pulse) its a old one, haven't seen it yet so i'll let you know if its any good
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
              well depends which you like, i don't care for gore to much but if you like alot of gore phychotic movie theres a movie called "martyrs" that movie is so disturbing but i watched the whole thing, give you the creeps kind of movie with alot of gore. I perfer more of the ghost stories, make you think movie, i liked "the ring", another one i saw that had me guessing to the end was the movie called "devil" about a group who gets stuck in a elevator. was intresting. I didn't care for paranormal activities but my sister recommends it. I would recommend the grudge because when i first saw it it was so scary but after watching it again a few years later, idk what freaked me out lol, the next movie im going to watch is Kairo (Pulse) its a old one, haven't seen it yet so i'll let you know if its any good
              I watched "Martyrs". The beginning was so good, but when the guy started to beat the woman for several minutes I felt like throwing up. Disgusting. It could have been so good! Ah, well. "Devil" was alright-ish up until the bad end. I like movies like "The Descent", "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Eden Lake" and "High Tension", but I don't know if you saw any of those.

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
                Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'm a big fan of horror movies, so I'm definitely going to bring some of those with me. My SO can't stand them and they might not be the best choice for a romantic evening, but I like how she snuggles into me when she gets scared. I will also bring "P.S. I love you" with me though.
                Well you don't need to bring P.S. I love you. I have my own copy

Comment

My SO and I are planning on having a Harry Potter marathon before the new movie comes out He's only seen the first one, and he really wants to take me to see Deathly Hollows 2.
                  "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                  Made it official: September 17, 2010
                  Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                  Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                  Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                  Got married: November 21, 2012
                  Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                  Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by princessmeg1328 View Post
                    My SO and I are planning on having a Harry Potter marathon before the new movie comes out He's only seen the first one, and he really wants to take me to see Deathly Hollows 2.
                    I'm also going to see the last part with my SO! It's so good to get to see movies in English! I'm sick of the German dubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by we'reunderthesamesky View Post
                      I watch tear-jerker movies. Nicholas Sparks' novels adapted to movies. Nights in Rodanthe, A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, The Last Song, and my fave Dear John.
                      If you like movies about LDR, try watching Going the Distance. Really funny.
                      Yep! I was gonna suggest these as well My boyfriend and I watched a lot of the Nicholas Sparks movies...my tears would not stop falling when we watched Dear John jaja! Going the Distance is awesome!

Comment

My favourite movies to watch with Loic are Star Wars, Lord of the Rings (our favourite books!), and soon, the Princess Bride
                        I've noticed a lot of people mentioned P.S. I love you! I've wanted to see that... I was told by my Irish friends that I'd be disowned if I watched it (in the book, the main character is supposed to also be Irish!), lol.
                        But I'd love to see it for the scenery. Heard part of it takes place in the Wicklow Mountains, and I spent a day driving through there with Loic when I was visiting him in March!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Working...
                        X