No announcement yet.

Matching Tattoo's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO and I plan to come up with tattoo ideas for the other person with things that they like, say your SO likes dogs, then you would design a tattoo with dogs, that way, god forbid, if anything happened in the future your loved one would have a tattoo of something they love, and because you yourself came up with the idea it still holds the special meaning. ^^

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Maybe we'll reconsider the wedding date part. but i had just thought of a more recent idea. Still with the cross, but above that, instead of putting forever & always, putting "With God anything is possible" (part of a verse from the bible). and maybe leaving off the date part.
      this way its a religious tattoo, but it can still be matching
      and if we were to get the date, and if something happened (which i doubt) where we got divorced, i wouldn't be allowed to marry again because of what I'm going to be doing for a living (which is an orthodox priests) orthodox priests have to be married before they are ordained, and if they divorce or are widowed you CAN NOT get re-married under any circumstance and still be a priest. if you do get re-married you can not be a priest anymore. and in the case that were to happen. i could either get it removed or have it covered up with another tattoo some how. either way i wouldnt be getting married again if i ever got divorced.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

and we aren't even considering the name part. like two people said except for kids names. although i do have 3 names on a tattoo, but its for my grandparents on my moms side, and my uncle who died of pancreatic cancer last september.

Comment

My SO is waaay to clean cut to get a tattoo lol. I love tattoos, but I would NEVER get someone's names. It's possible though that I might get a tattoo that symbolizes someone... Like a friend of mine is married to a woman named Rose, and he has a (literal) rose with his 2 children's names tattooed on his shoulder.

Also, 300 POSTS!!!
        That is all.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
        -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
        \

Comment

I have a tattoo but my SO doesn't and he is not really keen on getting one anyway. Mine is tiny and noone EVER notices it (on my wrist) unless I wave it in front of people faces or something.

Not really keen on matching tattoos with my SO but each to there own

Comment

I would never get a matching tattoo with someone i'm married to or dating, the only people i'd get matching tattoo's with are my mom and my best friend or a tattoo that symbolizes them.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I wouldn't ever get any names, unless it was my close family or (down the road sometime) my children; but it is possible if I was with someone for long enough, I might get something that symbolizes them, but that would be it.
              You never forget your first love...

Comment

No, no, no, no, and no to names. Just...gaaaah, no. And I like tattoos! (Although I haven't gotten any yet.)

No matter how much you love someone, you have no idea how your life will change in 5, 10, 15, 20 years, and tattoos are forever in a way that most relationships aren't. It's almost as if you're asking your relationship to fail, in my opinion. I would only get a tattoo representing someone else if I were absolutely sure I would still be all right with it being on my body if the relationship ended.

Comment

Something as permanent as tattoos is almost an automatic death kiss for a relationship. I think it's a dumb idea, because if you break-up you are saddled with a painful reminder for the rest of your life.

I've got four tattoos and plan on getting more in the near future. I have a matching tattoo with my cousin. It is our astorlogical signs intertwined. Regardless of our relationship, she's always going to be my cousin.
                  "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I've got a funny tattoo story. When I was working in a shoe store my manager had the name "Dante" tattooed on her shoulder. I figured it was her dad's name or brother's name. One day I finally asked who it was and she goes "oh, my ex boyfriend." That's not the best part... my manager is gay. So I guess she got this tattoo of her ex's name BEFORE she came out.

I wouldn't get matching tattoos or names. I have a tattoo that reminds me of his country, but I did that before I even met him. That's enough for me He doesn't have any tattoos, and although I love a man who is tatted up, I quite like the my SO is uninked!

Comment

I wouldn't get a matching tattoo with my SO, and I definitely would never get his name tattooed on me. I just think it's a bad idea. There are other ways to show someone that you love them.

Here's a funny story that my mom's boyfriend told me. My mom's boyfriend works for the city he lives in, and one day a woman walked in to pay her water bill or something. He noticed that the woman had a tattoo on her arm. He couldn't really tell what it said so he went behind the counter to pretend to do paperwork or something and looked. The tattoo said "Damian is an a**hole." I guess she decided just to make a statement with her tattoo.
                      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                      Made it official: September 17, 2010
                      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                      Got married: November 21, 2012
                      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

My SO and I love tattoos. I don't have any yet - just my belly button piercing. My SO has one tattoo of a cross for his brother who passed away. When we get married we want to get matching tattoos with no names.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
                          I love the idea, but absolutely no names! Heh. I'd want to get something I'd get anyway; perhaps matching swallows, as swallows are known for loyalty to their mates and traveling long distances to be with one another (such as returning to Capistrano each year).
                          yes, something you would get anyway, for yourself! so the reason you got it wouldnt be only because the other one was going to.

i want to tattoo smile on my finger, as im a photography entusiastic, and think its cute. im just now learning about cameras propperly but i am bi-polar and battle depression crises that are really bad, so it would also be a remeinder for me to smile.

something like that:

i mentioned the idea to him and he really likes it, but it would be his first tattoo, my fourth, so i said he should print a picture, like this one for example, and look at it everyday for six months, if he still wanted it after this time, for himself, he should get it, if not, no.
                          i want it for myself, but i also would find it nice to know he has the same tattoo as me, even without any romantic meaning on it, but only in this situation.
                          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

My SO doesn't like tatoos, so that would be a no. When I asked him partly kidding, partly serious what he'd think if I got one, his answer was, "Fine, as long as it's somewhere I can't find it." At first I said "okay" and then I realized what he meant.
                            ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
                            The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Originally posted by ashleecarol View Post
                              My SO has never been inked. I have two tattoos, and actually one of them is a symbol of a friendship I have. My best friend is moving to North Carolina and we've been close friends forever. BUT, to keep ourselves from potentially regretting our decision in the future in case SOMETHING about our friendship doesn't work out, we got blacklight tattoos. These are completely invisible (after they heal) and only show up under blacklight (obviously). We are both at the age right now that we go to dance clubs and what not, so we actually do get to show them off quite a bit. However, they are NOT names. Her favorite flower is a daisy and mine is a rose. The stem is the same for each but I have the daisy for her, she has the rose for me. They are gorgeous and we absolutely adore them. Ya know how little girls always have secret messages between each other that no one else knows about? We see our tattoos like that. Hidden, secret, but we know about them and share them with each other

So, if you REALLY want to do something but are worried about them potentially being a bad idea, a blacklight tattoo or a white ink tattoo might be something you should look into. However, make sure you go to an artist that has done blacklight tattoos before and see if they can show you some sample art. Blacklight tats are a relatively new technique (around 10 years or so) and you can easily get an artist who states they can be good at them, however,...yeeeah. The ink is thinner and harder to apply. My artist had a blacklight on me the entire time he worked. Also, you need to make sure the artist isn't rough-handed with his application. The more gentle they are, the less amount of time you'll have to heal (visibly). Also, less chance for scarring. I had a friend who had a tattoo artist who was too rough and you can still see the scar of hers all the time. Mine is completely gone. Be warned though lol they look like a nasty wound shaped in a design when you first get it done.
                              this is adorable!!!! i really want to get a blacklight tattooo someday!
                              our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I think it would be fun to share the *experience* of getting tattooed, but I wouldn't want to have matching ones.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X