Phone or Skype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone or Skype?

I'm going to ask my SO if he's not too busy this weekend if it's possible for us to chat IRL because it's 100x better than texting or IMing in my opinion at least. For those of you who don't know, Anthony's been extremely stressed out, overwhelmed and busy because of school this week. His university is on a quarter system as opposed to a semester system, so he only has a week left of classes and then finals week after that. Then, he will be home for 6 days! But, anyway, he's had a lot of deadlines for projects and labs this past week, and the pressure of finals looming over his head makes him less available to text or IM. I've backed off a lot this week, only sending him 1 text, to let him know our song was on the radio. We've interacted a little on FB through poking, "liking" things and commenting, but we haven't actually had a chance to IM all week. I decided to let him be and get his work done...if he had time, I'm sure he'd get in contact with me. I've been okay with it too for the most part. I'm getting more confident in our relationship and in myself too, so I dealt just fine. I sent him a letter and a cute edited picture today, so he should get that by Saturday, which I know he'll love. Today I really began missing him. I want to hear from him, I want to hear his voice. So here's my situation, should I see if we can talk on the phone or should I see if we can Skype instead? I ordered a new webcam, which will be HD and actually have a working microphone, so I'd like to try that out at some point. It should arrive here tomorrow! But, we've only actually webcammed about 3 times in the 14.5 months we've been together. I still find it a little awkward being on camera, but I love seeing him on camera. I am perfectly fine talking to him in person, we love to do that, but I find it hard to be on Skype, I don't know why. Though it is always fun when we do go on Skype, even if I am slightly awkward. So, if you were me, which would you pick? Would you choose a Skype date or a phone date? (We're in the same state, so there's no fees to worry about with phones or anything)
    Phone
    13.83%

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

I love Skype. There's nothing like being able to see each other. I used to be awkward too (and sometimes still am), but I mostly got over it.

So I voted Skype. =)

Comment

I say Skype date.

My partner tends to prefer Skype to the phone because he's able to see my face and actually see my reactions to the things that he says. For as much as he can "hear" my smile or giggle or whathaveyou on the phone, the added component of being able to see a smile that he provoked elicits an additional sense/feeling of happiness. It's the same for me too. I can hear when he smiles, I can hear the positive reception to what I say, but it's much better being able to see his face, not to mention that everything's much better "live" than via pictures. And considering he's had such a stressed out week, it might be something to consider, offering to Skype, because I can't imagine how seeing your SO's face would not be a pick-me up. That said, talking on the phone does allow for two people to be curled up in their rooms on their beds (I don't mean this in a "pervy" way), which can always add a nice touch to a simple phone call, so I think it really depends on what you're both up for, but I would propose Skype before anything. And I would imagine my partner's opinion is quite similar to a general majority's: awkward, especially that of your SO, is cute.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Perfer skype any day. Like today for example, just getting to see him and his face. Love it so much, perfer to see him over a phone call any day.
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

SKYPE! I prefer to talk and see him than only talking. Besides our phone calls are extremely expensive!!!

Comment

Thank you all for replying! I think I'm going to go with Skype, seeing as it was unanimous lol. I texted him asking if we could Skype this weekend. Waiting for a reply...his phone is probably in his dorm room and he's probably not there. -___-

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Comment

skype is always better. though we don't do it too often because his connection isn't the best and it genrally messes up on us a few times in the conversation, but it's still just so nice to see him.

Comment

Skype ftw! I hope you get your skype convo with him

Comment

Skype of course! I'd always choose that over the phone.

Comment

I adore Skype!
                    I can't wait to have another Skype date with my boy!
                    I hope you get a chance to use your new webcam and have a blast with your skype date

First Met Online: October 2010
                    First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                    Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                    First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                    Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                    Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                    Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                    Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

I skyped last night for the first time and I am hooked. It was so nice to be able to see the person you are actually talking to and to see their facial expressions. I found that I actually prefer this over texting, emailing, and phone calls. So I would definitely do the Skype if I were you.

Comment

Thanks, I'm trying to set a time. I heard from him yesterday and I asked. He said sure, he just isn't sure when we can yet. I sure hope we can tonight...I want to "see" him so badly. If not tonight, hopefully tomorrow. *sigh* Why must he be so busy?

Comment

Voted for Skype
                          Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Just had a text convo with him and we have set a Skype date for tomorrow evening! Only our 4th one ever lol. I'm so excited to try my new webcam and get all dolled up for him! Can't wait to "see" him! *squee*

Comment

Exciting!
                              I hope you have fun!

First Met Online: October 2010
                              First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                              Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                              First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                              Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                              Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                              Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                              Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment