This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STA Travel

So I booked through STA Travel this time around, but all they sent me was a booking confirmation with a reference number to a folder. Maybe I'm too used to the self check-in kiosks, but is this all I need to bring up to the ticket counter with me as far as travel documentation? They recommend calling to confirm with the airline 72 hours beforehand, which I will be doing, but I have never bought tickets through a third party site before, so other than the obvious (passport, etc.), what do I need to bring with me to the ticket counter?
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Yeah, you should be fine with the number they gave you. I often use Orbitz and I've used STA in the past (mostly b/c buying tickets from within Africa has really annoying rules with credit cards if you buy from the airline itself). So usually with orbitz you get one number that refers to the Orbitz purchase and then also the reference number for the airline itself. So just bring that number and like they said, call 72 hrs in advance to confirm (plus, then you'll know that the reference number is all good!).
    If you want to check the airline's ref. number before that, most airlines will let you log into their websites and check out your trip even if it was bought through a 3rd party.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
      Yeah, you should be fine with the number they gave you. I often use Orbitz and I've used STA in the past (mostly b/c buying tickets from within Africa has really annoying rules with credit cards if you buy from the airline itself). So usually with orbitz you get one number that refers to the Orbitz purchase and then also the reference number for the airline itself. So just bring that number and like they said, call 72 hrs in advance to confirm (plus, then you'll know that the reference number is all good!).
      If you want to check the airline's ref. number before that, most airlines will let you log into their websites and check out your trip even if it was bought through a 3rd party.
      Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you so much!
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning

Our Story

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Hm. I'm entering my first name and last name and the PNR Ref given by STA Travel (that is the reference number, right?), but the airlines are saying it's the wrong reference number. Should I be worried? :/
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning

Our Story

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
          Hm. I'm entering my first name and last name and the PNR Ref given by STA Travel (that is the reference number, right?), but the airlines are saying it's the wrong reference number. Should I be worried? :/
          I wouldn't be worried. But why not just call up the airline and talk to a human? Then you'll be sure! And then if that doesn't work you can always call up STA. I'm a big fan of talking to humans

Comment

I wouldn't be worried. But why not just call up the airline and talk to a human? Then you'll be sure! And then if that doesn't work you can always call up STA. I'm a big fan of talking to humans
            Oh gosh. D: I hate the phone so much, but I shall do, thank you!
            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning

Our Story

Our Happily Ever After