No announcement yet.

Visas, Passports and Flights, Oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

schwee44: You can buy your plane tickets, but you will need your passport before you can get the visa done. I don't think the visa takes long to get though, they usually say 72 hours or whatever to cover their end if it takes time. But you are from the US so you won't have any problems. MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR BF's DETAILS before you leave though, otherwise it will be a hassle and a half to get through immigration. You have to put down contact details on the immigration card. AND DON'T BRING ANY NATURAL PRODUCE. Australian customs are tricky bastards and you might end up on TV.

Eclaire: That's weird. I haven't been to the US but many of my friends have and it wasn't a worry for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
      Eclaire: That's weird. I haven't been to the US but many of my friends have and it wasn't a worry for them.
      Well given that my boyfriend is not a drug smuggler, terrorist, or riddled with STDs, it wasn't for him either. xD Neither was getting through. It's still very silly and pointless, in my opinion, seeing as it's supposed to "enhance security" but $14 clears you.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

The ETA is not a true VISA, it's just a record of your intended travel and your details and you only need to apply for it at least a couple of weeks before you leave, not months and months in advance like most other visas and as far as I can tell, it only costs $20. That will get you into australia for up to 3 months. It's pretty much the VISA waiver program with an online submission of your intended entry before you arrive. You can apply for a tourist visa (subclass 676) https://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tou...sa-options.htm while in australia, but not any other visas.

If you do decide that you want to move to australia after visiting for a while. I'm sure you'll need to go back home again first and apply from outside the country and most likely, a much longer process.

So basically, all you need is your passport, your flights booked, travel insurance, and then to submit the ETA online a few weeks before you leave and that's it. Really simple.
        Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
        First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
          The ETA is not a true VISA, it's just a record of your intended travel and your details and you only need to apply for it at least a couple of weeks before you leave, not months and months in advance like most other visas and as far as I can tell, it only costs $20. That will get you into australia for up to 3 months. It's pretty much the VISA waiver program with an online submission of your intended entry before you arrive. You can apply for a tourist visa (subclass 676) https://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tou...sa-options.htm while in australia, but not any other visas.

If you do decide that you want to move to australia after visiting for a while. I'm sure you'll need to go back home again first and apply from outside the country and most likely, a much longer process.

So basically, all you need is your passport, your flights booked, travel insurance, and then to submit the ETA online a few weeks before you leave and that's it. Really simple.
          It's still a visa though. The only country with a visa-free agreement is New Zealand. It's the same thing as the US really. But yeah, I'm 80% confident that you could apply for the Working Holiday visa from New Zealand. You can do it all online anyway, but you need to do physicals and whatnot which can take a fair bit of time.

Comment

You guys are seriously the best <3 <3 <3 thank you so much

Comment

This is an interesting article about Passports that I just ran across:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/t...passports.html

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

Working...
              X