Can you choose times for a flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you choose times for a flight?

I have checked with several travel and airline sites for flights from here to Canada and they all come up with the same thing. Most of the itinerary is fine except for when I would leave Canada. I would fly out at 5am.

Will they let you change it to flying out later in the morning? They don't offer a choice online but I wonder if the airline itself will let you if you call them.

It would be very hard on both us to get up at 3am, drive to the airport to get there an hour early, etc.
    February 2012 -- met online
    August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
    April 2013 -- met in person
    June 2013 -- broke up
    July 2013 -- back together
    August 2013 -- 2nd visit
    October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
    April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Usually you can, I know that like a bunch of flights left Tampa to Buffalo at 8am and I wasn't down with that, but I scrolled down a lot and found one that left at 11:30pm instead. I've also noticed you get more control and its cheaper to book flights directly from the airline website, I could be very wrong, but its worth a look.

Comment

If they offer a flight later that day, they -might- let you change it if you call them and ask, if they aren't already fully booked. It might also be more expensive, though, since less people want to fly at 5 am as do during the middle of the day. Have you been checking a comparison site (Kayak, Travelocity) or the airline's website? Sometimes the airline's website is more complete than what you'd find on a comparison site and will show later flight times for the same flight.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

usually you can set the paramiters of what time you want to leave and the search will pull up any flight flying around that time

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Is the flight from Canada connecting somewhere else, or is it just the one flight?

It may not line up with your second flight.

Comment

Your other option is to book a cheap hotel near to the airport and spend your last night there. It might not be ideal, but you two could spend it together and you wouldn't have to get up and leave as early. This is assuming you weren't able to find later flights for around the same cost.
            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
            Met online: February 2009
            Feelings confessed: December 2010
            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
            to be continued...

Comment

Thanks for all the great ideas/feedback! I will check with the airline itself when the time comes to make the reservation!
              February 2012 -- met online
              August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
              April 2013 -- met in person
              June 2013 -- broke up
              July 2013 -- back together
              August 2013 -- 2nd visit
              October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
              April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Working...
              X