Tips for Improving Your Next Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
    As for everybody trying to rush on the plane, I don't think it used to be like this. Now it's the case because airlines are charging to check even 1 bag so people are rushing to get their giant carry-on into the overhead bin space.
    See all the airlines I've flown on will check your bag for free if all the overhead bin space is taken, I've known people who try to bring their actual luggage on and wait until all the bins are taken so that the airline attendants are forced to check it for free. Another pet peeve of mine actually.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Meh. i'm going to recline my seat. The person in front of me has always reclined theirs so I'm going to do the same. I agree about the meal times and such. Clearly then it's rude and the flight attendants ask you to put it up any way. But yeah, my trip to see my SO is a 16 hour flight. I can not sit straight up and down that entire time.

Met online: 1/30/11
      Met in person: 5/30/12
      Second visit: 9/12/12
      Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

I actually found this article a bit funny as well to be honest, haha. I don't usually have a problem with people reclining their seats, even if I'm quite tall, because most flights I've been on have been long-haul, and I more than understand people need to get some sleep... And I will want to have some too, so I'll recline my seat as well! I guess it's a bit of hypocrisy, long people don't want the person in front of them to recline their seat but they want to be able to do so themselves :P Of course not saying this applies to everyone, I just know a few people who think like this

Met online: February 2011
        Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

I look at it like this. The seat comes with the ability so that you can reclline it. It is part of the ticket that you paid for. Sorry if you are tall or overweight and it is uncomfortable but I have every right to recline my seat at any time I want. If I am tired, I am going to recline it. It is like 3 inches. I absolutely hate to fly, reclining my seat to sleep is a must for me to be able to even have half a chance to do so. Parents that don't control their kids are just bad parents, not just in planes. People that have over sized carry ons most likely paid extra for it, the airlines seem to always get their pound of flesh.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
            I look at it like this. The seat comes with the ability so that you can reclline it. It is part of the ticket that you paid for. Sorry if you are tall or overweight and it is uncomfortable but I have every right to recline my seat at any time I want. If I am tired, I am going to recline it. It is like 3 inches. I absolutely hate to fly, reclining my seat to sleep is a must for me to be able to even have half a chance to do so. Parents that don't control their kids are just bad parents, not just in planes. People that have over sized carry ons most likely paid extra for it, the airlines seem to always get their pound of flesh.
            Asking someone to not recline their seat outside of meal times is too much for even me, and I'm tall myself as well. If I can manage to function ok, so can anybody else.

And I doubt that people paid for the oversized carry ons on the flights that I was on. I didn't see any checks occur as we were boarding the flight. The airlines also only checked the weight, not the dimensions. Often on my flights, it's too busy to check the dimensions as there are too many people to get sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
              Asking someone to not recline their seat outside of meal times is too much for even me, and I'm tall myself as well. If I can manage to function ok, so can anybody else.

And I doubt that people paid for the oversized carry ons on the flights that I was on. I didn't see any checks occur as we were boarding the flight. The airlines also only checked the weight, not the dimensions. Often on my flights, it's too busy to check the dimensions as there are too many people to get sorted.
              I cannot speak for the globe but PHL checks everytime I go. I have seen them charge people for them. Now that you have to pay extra for checked bags, it really does not add much time.
              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                I cannot speak for the globe but PHL checks everytime I go. I have seen them charge people for them. Now that you have to pay extra for checked bags, it really does not add much time.
                It looks to be pretty hit-and-miss. I've only had my carry-on bag weighed at Paris-Charles De Gaulle, it was almost 2kg over the limit and the girl just said to not worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
                  It looks to be pretty hit-and-miss. I've only had my carry-on bag weighed at Paris-Charles De Gaulle, it was almost 2kg over the limit and the girl just said to not worry about it.
                  Maybe PHL is just cheap.
                  I can say this, because I am from there. LOL.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I laughed so hard... But it's word for the wise, I s'pose.

Comment

If you want any easy flight don't even take luggage. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
                        If you want any easy flight don't even take luggage. Ugh.
                        hahaha I pack all my luggage in my carry on bag, it's extremely difficult to fit 5 days worth of clothes, hygiene products, gifts, and entertainment for the flight in a bag that fits under the seat.

Notes:
                        Met: 8.17.09
                        Started Dating: 8.20.09
                        First Met: 10.2.10
                        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Working...
                        X