Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Us Girlfriend visits for FIRST TIME

Hey guys

I'm Daniel and in 22 (turned 22 on 19th february) and my girlfriend is 17 (18 end of April, she did lie to me at start of our relationship about age but anyways!)

I've visited her 10 times, soon to be 11 as of 13th March.

We will both be flying back to the UK together on 27th March.

She is coming to visit a university but also just to see me. Should I be worried about the age gap? Age of consent in UK is 16 so our relationship is totally legal.

Do many U.S. citizens get denied entry?

She has a job, is in last year of high school and over $3000 in her account. She will stay with me for just under two weeks and has a return flight booked.

Is she likely to get denied entry? Or are LDR common nowadays and the border guards see this often.

Thanks

daniel

I'm not sure how the US -> UK border process works but I recommend she says she's going to visit a friend. Every time I drive down to the US to visit my GF I say I'm going to visit my friend because the ONE time I said my girlfriend is when they asked me like 20 more questions and went quickly through my car. I was never denied though.
    Last edited by Mims27; February 23, 2015, 12:18 PM.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I honestly don't think it'll be a problem. I went to the US, said I was visiting my boyfriend got asked a few more questions and was through in 5 minutes.

I think she'll be in a good position. Obviously make sure she has a visa or whatever she needs before you fly, the return flight is good, that will make them happier. And I think LDR's a common nowadays but they obviously always do some checks with all the people that do lie. Saying that, I wouldn't say that you are just a friend because if you tell lies you have to remember those lies. Lying is a no no. They will probably want to talk to both of you to make sure your answers are the same, maybe she should have some information of the Uni she's visiting?

I have faith that she'll get through perfectly fine, like I said don't lie and make sure you have all the needed documents Good luck!
      Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
      Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
      Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
      His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
      Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
      Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
      Married: June 29th 2018
      Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

If it is the same as the US then just saying she is visiting as a tourist and staying with a friend will be no problem (I can't comment on the UK side as I don't have to worry about getting back into the country ). There should be no reason for them to refuse her entry though from what you have said - even without her bank balance.

Comment

If I remember correctly from my trip to London, the main questions they asked me were basically "Why are you here?", "Where are you staying?", "How long you plan on being here?", "Are you going anywhere else after your stay here, or are you going home?"
          They may have asked where I flew in from, but I can't really remember. Anyway, I feel like she'll be fine. I strongly suggest she fill out the declaration form BEFORE she lands in the airport (assuming she's given one on the flight). That'll make getting through customs much faster, and give you an idea of what sort of questions they might ask you that I haven't listed.

Comment

Don't lie when they ask a question, if they see you lie even in a small way they might distrust everything else you say. Just make sure the way you phraze things are according to the visa you are holding. Why is she flying 1 month before her 18th birthday instead of a date after? Surely it must be easier to travel when she is no longer a minor...
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Lying is a HUGE no-no with Border Patrol. Never lie with Immigration Officers. They will notice when a person lies, and may risk your girlfriend being denied entry into the country. Telling the truth is the way to go; also, make sure that she gets a letter from her employer, proving that she has a job to go back to the United States. She will also need a print-up of her bank statement, showing how much she has saved, just in case they ask to see. They will also want to see the return ticket. I traveled to the UK with my husband four months back. I did get questioned a bit further this time, but had the proof that they needed, so I was allowed in the country. It also helped that he was standing by the door, waiting for me. When they asked if he was there, I just pointed to him. From what I remember, they asked what the purpose of my visit was, how long I was staying, what I do for a job, how long have I worked at the job, and if they could see my employment letter/bank statement. After reviewing my items, they let me through.

Comment

Working...
              X