X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that site is funnyyy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
      Is it brutal, or is it just a different way of expressing, of honesty? What is normal here in Holland, can be a huge offencive in Japan... Just a diffente culture. But to mark it brutal... no, I wouldn't do that...
      Uschi probably phrased it better than me. The Aussies get straight to the point and when you meet one who isn't afraid to swear, it can come across as very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Wambby View Post
        yess! Culture shock is real! Im learning to be patient and communicate when I am exposed to things that seem different to me. He is very understanding and makes me feel comfortable asking questions about his culture.
        I am American, but my family is from Guyana, South America. He was Born in Africa but raised in Spain so we both are mixed cultures. He thinks it is funny that most Guyanese food is partially Indian food and I think its crazy that he eats dinner at 9pm. He likes when we match our outfits but I think its wierd. (I do it anyway , ha). Culturally, its not polite to deny food when visiting a friends/family house, but I didnt know this until we went to their friends house and was offered food, but I denied. He accepted and shared with me, then later told me that it isnt that polite to deny and at least say that you will have very little. I think the culture differences are interesting, and im happy we are the patient type of ppl to experience it together.
        Seems like my wife and I have something in common with you and your SO In Ecuador, they eat dinner around 8 or 9pm, which was strange to me because here in the UK dinner is usually on the table for 6 or 6.30pm. Also it seems that in Ecuador, the main family meal during the day is lunch with just a sandwhich in the evening. I'll give them this, I lost a lot of weight when I lived out there.

Comment

Beester I might have to buy that for my wife

Comment

Working...
          X