Traveling with pets/ avoiding quarantine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling with pets/ avoiding quarantine

I found an interesting site on pet passports I thought I would share ^^ it lets you choose countries and then outlines the rules for obtaining the pet passport if able.

https://pettravelstore.com/categories/Pet-Passports/
    "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
    Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Thats spooky, was planning on posting about our recent adventures and discoveries for transporting our cat Jasper to the UK from the States.

Rules vary greatly by the export and import country but basically if your on an approved route and your pet has the vaccinations and microchips within the correct timescales you should be able to bring them in no problem.

As with people visas, just make sure you do your research, talk to all the right people and dont mess up on the timings. And make sure you've got the cash.

My SO has already paid out close to $200 just for a microchip and blood test. We havnt even got the quotes back for the actual shipping. I'll let you know when we discover it!

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Thats spooky, was planning on posting about our recent adventures and discoveries for transporting our cat Jasper to the UK from the States.

Rules vary greatly by the export and import country but basically if your on an approved route and your pet has the vaccinations and microchips within the correct timescales you should be able to bring them in no problem.

As with people visas, just make sure you do your research, talk to all the right people and dont mess up on the timings. And make sure you've got the cash.

My SO has already paid out close to $200 just for a microchip and blood test. We havnt even got the quotes back for the actual shipping. I'll let you know when we discover it!
    Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

PucasKitten, Thank you so much for this link! It will be very useful to me!!!

Comment

Thank you! I'm looking into this at the minute for my SO!
        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I was looking at this today online! so when I saw 2 threads about it here in the forum I was like: "whaat? no way! "

my husband and I will buy a cat (a kitten, i really want a kitten for now!) on the next couple of months, and after one year I want to adopt an older cat! and i was considering adopting one from brazil from a kill shelter to save its life. but it is SO COMPLICATED to transport a cat internationally.
          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
            I was looking at this today online! so when I saw 2 threads about it here in the forum I was like: "whaat? no way! "

my husband and I will buy a cat (a kitten, i really want a kitten for now!) on the next couple of months, and after one year I want to adopt an older cat! and i was considering adopting one from brazil from a kill shelter to save its life. but it is SO COMPLICATED to transport a cat internationally.
            I'm sure there's plenty of kitties that need homes in Germany as well

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
              I'm sure there's plenty of kitties that need homes in Germany as well
              I really tried to find a kitten (baby cat?) in a Tierheim (animal shelter) but could only find older ones! specially near by where I live. maybe is just be sucking in german again, who knows. i know i will have a cat somewhere in the next couple of months, i want it to be young (maximum 6 months old, but preferably younger)an all white cat and male.
              If I can't find one to adopt with those 3 characteristics, my husband and I will buy a ragdoll cat from a breeder (being from this breed doesn't need to me all white, i love their variations, but i always wanted an all white cat! makes me feel about my plans to take over the world. seem like all villains stroke an all white cat while plotting! )
              our story.

sigpic

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                I really tried to find a kitten (baby cat?) in a Tierheim (animal shelter) but could only find older ones! specially near by where I live. maybe is just be sucking in german again, who knows. i know i will have a cat somewhere in the next couple of months, i want it to be young (maximum 6 months old, but preferably younger)an all white cat and male.
                If I can't find one to adopt with those 3 characteristics, my husband and I will buy a ragdoll cat from a breeder (being from this breed doesn't need to me all white, i love their variations, but i always wanted an all white cat! makes me feel about my plans to take over the world. seem like all villains stroke an all white cat while plotting! )
                You can have my sister's. :P He's all white and has one blue, one green-gold eye! And he's evil. So... Perfect!

Thank you for this resource, OPer.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                  You can have my sister's. :P He's all white and has one blue, one green-gold eye! And he's evil. So... Perfect!

Thank you for this resource, OPer.
                  lol
                  the problem remains on how to take him from where he is now to Germany! haha
                  our story.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X