Luggage (Suitcases, Bags, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luggage (Suitcases, Bags, etc)

I figure some of you do a great deal of travelling, so you might be able to help me with picking a new suitcase.

I have this one, which was rather cheap (25€?). It's perfect capacity-wise (about 70l) and I love the color, but it's unfortunately falling apart.
    So I need a new one and I can't decide what to get.
    I sort of have my heart set on a hard shell one with four wheels (like this one), but I'm sort of scared it might break.

What kind/brand is your luggage? Are you happy with it? Does anyone have experience with hard shell suitcases?

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

I'm going to stalk this, if you don't mind. I've considered a hard shell type suitcase myself, for when I finally get my own luggage set. :P Currently, I'm using my mother's old suitcase and duffle bag left over by my father. I love the duffle bag, but would have to say I prefer the way I can lay my clothes in a suitcase. All I know is the duffle bag is from American Tourister, but both have lasted well over 15 years, probably at least 20, but I can't say I remember my first holidays as an infant. :P
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

I just use backpacks or large duffle bags. I've had this giant, dark green one since I was like 8, so I still use it. Gotta say I'm always jealous of the people with fancy luggage!!!

Comment

I just usually use whatever luggage people loan me.
        I want a hard shelled suitcase so bad though.

First Met Online: October 2010
        First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
        Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
        First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
        Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
        Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
        Engaged!: June 1, 2013
        Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

I have the biggest luggage that the airlines allow because i hate having a carry-on aside from my laptop. LOL. I just have to be careful with weight. Its a normal suitcase though not hard shelled. I got it at Target for like $70.
          "You want for myself
          You get me like no one else
          I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
          Even in the darkest part of me
          I am beautiful with you
          Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
          You're here with me
          Just show me this and I'll believe
          I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

I was borrowing suitcases for a while until I caved and bought my own. I ended up with a bag from Sierra. Sierra is known for their durable bags and lifetime warranty, and while they are more expensive, I couldn't bring myself to get another bag because I was so in love with this one. I ended up getting a since updated bag (I think Sierra ATQ in red, now the ATGO series) for about $105. It's something like 26 by 15 by 15 inches and expand s up to 17 inches in one dimension. I ALMOST bought the 32 inch bag, but after thinking about it a lot, I went with the 26 inch, and I have no regrets. Some airlines have slightly smaller restrictions on size, and the 32 was pushing the limits. Getting the smaller one keeps me below the limits and also helps me not to pack too much or to go over the weight limit (although I did on my way back from Greece... Damn books!!!). And, now that I can see it, I realize that 26 is PLENTY big for me. I think the hard shell ones are cool, but I prefer the soft ones because they're a lot easier to store and manipulate to fit whatever I need to put in it. My only real suggestion would be to look for a bag that offers the most volume for the number of inches it measures (hint: the closer to a cube, the better, and total inches is l + w + h).
            Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
            Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
            Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I have a Samsonite B-Lite.
              It's not the most beautiful suitcase ever but it is lighter than any other. (Before getting it, I always had to pay for extra luggage -.-)
              Of course it has 4 wheels. I wouldn't change that for anything!

Comment

I don't like suitcases with a hard shell. It's so much harder trying to get everything inside. I prefer the soft shells. I bought this set for my New Zealand trips:

I absolutely love them! Well worth the price.

Comment

Just to let everyone know:
                  I went for this one

in the end.
                  It's hard shell, but it has a sort of concertina part in the middle so that you can somewhat extend it.

I'm using it for the first time on Thursday, so I'll let you know how it proves in actual use.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Working...
                  X