Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Declaring Medications

Hi!

I'm going to see my boyfriend in a few days and I just clued in to the fact that I may have to declare that I am taking Wellbutrin. I'm leaving Canada and going to the US. Does anyone know if Wellbutrin has to be declared, and if so, do I have to have a note from my doctor?

Thanks

Who told you you'd need to declare it? I have never had to declare any of my medications, though I'm from the U.S. Typically it's okay to bring along with you so long as it's in a prescription bottle with your doctor's and pharmacist's names and information on it. I'm no longer on medication, but when I was, I would bring the prescription sheets they provide you with at the pharmacy in case they wanted to ask questions about it, but I have never had an issue both times I have flown out of the country with it.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

I've never been questioned about my medications at any of the immigration/customs controls I've gone through (and I've seen quite a few )

Comment

I take a controlled drug as medication and I got my doctor to write me a letter saying it was prescribed to me. I declared it on all my forms but when they asked me what it was, they crossed out my declaration and waved me through the VIP lines haha. No one was interested in actually checking my prescription.

Comment

I declare everything even remotely declareable, because it's better to be over enthusiastic and to be shooed through than to miss something.
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

They won't care about Wellbutrin. As long as you have the medication in the original vial with the pharmacy label on it, you're good to go.
            The pharmacy phone number will be on that too so if the border people have any questions they can always call your pharmacy.

Comment

It shouldn't be a problem. If it's something illegal, the sniffer dogs will get you.

Comment

i always carry prescription sheets, and also carry a letter from the doctor telling the medicine is for me. and i always fill in the forms to let them know i carry medicine with me.

Comment

Working...
                X