Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edmonton to Calgary flights

Hey,

Just booked my SO's flights from Calgary to Manchester, UK. I still need to book flights From Edmonton to Calgary and back again. I have never done this before so i dont want to book flights that dont leave him with enough time inbetween.

Check in for the Calgary to Manchester flight opens at 15:40 and closes at 18:40, the flight I'm looking at booking lands in Calgary at 17:25.
    Is that going to be enough time? If i book an earlier flight he'll be there for hours before the flight.

Best price I've found so far is with West Jet, are they any good?
    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

It should be enough time but I always leave a little extra time incase the flight getting in is delayed or there are long lines at check in. I missed a connecting flight once cause of a delayed first flight, its a pain in the ass. Have you looked at red arrow? The buses might have more times to choose from?

Comment

What airline is he going to Manchester on? If it's an airline that's part of Star Alliance, go with Air Canada as he can check in for his entire trip at Edmonton and not have to worry too much.

Comment

That seems like a really tight turnaround time to me - especially if he's checking luggage & has to wait for it to come off the first flight (if he's flying carry-on it might be okay). I'd say being hours early for the flight is better than being worried you might miss it (but maybe that's just me ). After all, airports always have lots to see & do!

I've never flown WestJet but I've only heard good things!

I like snow_girl's idea of the bus.

Comment

Thank you.

I checked the bus times, greyhound would get him them at 6am so a complete no go! Red arrow would be just after 1pm so better but i checked Air Canada and they fly every hour into Calgary and i've found a flight that will have him land in Calgary 40 minutes before check in opens for the connecting flight.

Is that enough time or should i book the flight an hour earlier?
          As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Go for the hour-earlier one, juuuust in case there's a delay!

Comment

I would say go for an hour earlier, if he's checking luggage, not to mention won't he have to go through border patrol once he lands in the UK? When it comes to having to go through immigration and get his luggage before making his connection, which likely means leaving the airport and going back in through security after checking-in at the desk and re-checking his bags etc., I say give him as much time as you can possibly without being too cruel.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                I would say go for an hour earlier, if he's checking luggage, not to mention won't he have to go through border patrol once he lands in the UK? When it comes to having to go through immigration and get his luggage before making his connection, which likely means leaving the airport and going back in through security after checking-in at the desk and re-checking his bags etc., I say give him as much time as you can possibly without being too cruel.
                Bingo.

Although, he would go through immigration once he checks in at Calgary. The Edmonton-Calgary flight would be domestic.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
                  Bingo.

Although, he would go through immigration once he checks in at Calgary. The Edmonton-Calgary flight would be domestic.
                  Us Amurikanz r gud wit geografy, I swearz. *headdesk*

Sorry about that one.
                  { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                  Met online: February 2009
                  Feelings confessed: December 2010
                  Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                  Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                  First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                  Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                  Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                  Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                  to be continued...

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why don't you just drive? The SO and I did that drive many times this summer, it's not too bad, you can do it in about 2 1/2 hours. And if you have to rent a car, you can get one for about 25 dollars for the day.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                    \

Comment

Working...
                    X