No announcement yet.

Info on visas n' stuff for US/UK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just out of interest what do both sets of parents think of this plan? As you're unemployed, I assume they are paying for the trips?

Comment

Well both our parents are fine with it, they know we've been applying for jobs n' shit for a couple months and they think the plan we have is OKAY. they're helping which is a good thing.
      But we've kinda got a plan. We know the jobs aren't going to be there when we go abck 6months later, but we'll know the kind of jobs we can look for.
      We're not dependent on our parents, We've got our own money. Just not permanent jobs yet.
      I've seen some messages here, as helpful as they might be. make us out to be children who don't know much. We've done our research, but we wanted advice from someone who's DONE all this before, who's been through it. so what we're only 17? that does that automatically mean we're not going to work?
      my point is we just wanted some sort of advice, what did you guys do? how did you do it, did it work out, are you stil together. We wanted help about how we could do it, because we're confused on some subjects, and goign through these forums we're not the only ones.
      to those who helped us, thank you. all of these messages have been helpful in their own way, We're gonna look into studying in each other's countries first. Apparently we can get certain jobs while studying to earn some money.
      Again thanks for the help, been appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by AK+CP View Post
        Well both our parents are fine with it, they know we've been applying for jobs n' shit for a couple months and they think the plan we have is OKAY. they're helping which is a good thing.
        But we've kinda got a plan. We know the jobs aren't going to be there when we go abck 6months later, but we'll know the kind of jobs we can look for.
        We're not dependent on our parents, We've got our own money. Just not permanent jobs yet.
        I've seen some messages here, as helpful as they might be. make us out to be children who don't know much. We've done our research, but we wanted advice from someone who's DONE all this before, who's been through it. so what we're only 17? that does that automatically mean we're not going to work?
        my point is we just wanted some sort of advice, what did you guys do? how did you do it, did it work out, are you stil together. We wanted help about how we could do it, because we're confused on some subjects, and goign through these forums we're not the only ones.
        to those who helped us, thank you. all of these messages have been helpful in their own way, We're gonna look into studying in each other's countries first. Apparently we can get certain jobs while studying to earn some money.
        Again thanks for the help, been appreciated.
        Honestly, when you type in the manner you do (no or poor punctuation, no capital letters, spelling mistakes, etc) you automatically look like a child. Or at least uneducated. And by the way, 17 is definitely still a child.

If you had done your research you would know that getting visas between USA and UK for longer than VWP is extremely difficult. The "easiest" way would be to find a school in either location, but that is extremely expensive and whoever is the foreigner won't be able to work. Where's the money for living going to come from? Work visas are nearly impossible to get to either country, you have to be a super model, super entertainer, or play a sport professionally. Next would be fiance or spouse visas which ALSO require a substantial amount of funds and something I would NOT recommend for children.

Basically what everyone is trying to tell you is HOLD ON! Everyone on this forum wants to close the distance, but sometimes it makes sense to wait a little before doing so. It is complicated and expensive. Especially internationally.

Check out my signature- it's been almost 11 months for the visa for my SO. Think about it. It's not an easy ride.
        Last edited by lucybelle; February 8, 2014, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Man, how do you have the money to travel internationally? I mean, are you traveling alone, or is one of your parents going to come with you/her when you fly? Are you paying for the trips with money you've earned through a job or is it from your parents? I get paid a decent salary, and I can't afford to travel internationally. But, then again, I guess any money you earn/are given goes straight towards a visit? I mean, it's not like you're paying any bills, since I'm assuming you still live at home. You didn't answer my first question, though. About the whole "good paying but flexible job" thing. What kind of jobs are you going to get?

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Well, you are children, sorry but that's indisputable.

You aren't getting the answers you want because nobody has done it at your age, what you want just isn't going to happen. You get up to 90 days at a time, with another 90 days between the next visit, that's it. You do not have the money, maturity, or experience to do anything else, you're kids. Neither of you has any job skills, so neither country will give you a work visa, just forget about that one altogether, until you graduate university with an advanced degree, preferably in a STEM. KFC, Walmart, and the like aren't going to sponsor you, or hire you on a VWP visit.

You're WAY too young to get married, so forget that route, too.

Maybe one of you could get into school in the other's country, if you can get accepted and afford the tuition.

That's it, that's all you've got.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
              Honestly, when you type in the manner you do (no or poor punctuation, no capital letters, spelling mistakes, etc) you automatically look like a child. Or at least uneducated. And by the way, 17 is definitely still a child.

If you had done your research you would know that getting visas between USA and UK for longer than VWP is extremely difficult. The "easiest" way would be to find a school in either location, but that is extremely expensive and whoever is the foreigner won't be able to work. Where's the money for living going to come from? Work visas are nearly impossible to get to either country, you have to be a super model, super entertainer, or play a sport professionally. Next would be fiance or spouse visas which ALSO require a substantial amount of funds and something I would NOT recommend for children.

Basically what everyone is trying to tell you is HOLD ON! Everyone on this forum wants to close the distance, but sometimes it makes sense to wait a little before doing so. It is complicated and expensive. Especially internationally.

Check out my signature- it's been almost 11 months for the visa for my SO. Think about it. It's not an easy ride.
              You realize some people have difficulty spelling right? Ignorant dick. lol
              I asked for some answers on LDR and people come back replying about the fact I'm a child.. I asked how we could've done it, not a lecture about my age.
              I'm trying to figure out which of us is the Child here.

Comment

I asked for some answers on LDR and people come back replying about the fact I'm a child.. I asked how we could've done it, not a lecture about my age.
                You got answers how you could do it. Just about your only option is to either a) wait or b) fork over a ton of money for international tuition. I'm not sure what else you're looking for.

Comment

That's what spell check is for my friend.

The main point of the advice is your age. You're too young and too uneducated (graduating high school does not count) to really get much done. Sorry, buddy, the law is not on your side. You'll realize it one day. Again, I told you to look at my signature. It's been almost 11 MONTHS for my HUSBAND'S visa. Don't think your experience as a teenager will be any easier.

And save the potty mouth for your high school friends. It's not needed here.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                    You got answers how you could do it. Just about your only option is to either a) wait or b) fork over a ton of money for international tuition. I'm not sure what else you're looking for.
                    no my point is that's exactly what I was after, but there were multiple people who added "You're a child!" which I didn't need, as if I was completely unaware I'm a child. Which we won't be after the 9 months we spend together which is when we plan to actually start attempting to somewhat close the distance.
                    Maybe I should've explained more.

Comment

no my point is that's exactly what I was after, but there were multiple people who added "You're a child!" which I didn't need, as if I was completely unaware I'm a child. Which we won't be after the 9 months we spend together which is when we plan to actually start attempting to somewhat close the distance.
                      Maybe I should've explained more.
                      Just because you turn 18 doesn't magically make you an adult/responsible.

Comment

That's what spell check is for my friend.

The main point of the advice is your age. You're too young and too uneducated (graduating high school does not count) to really get much done. Sorry, buddy, the law is not on your side. You'll realize it one day. Again, I told you to look at my signature. It's been almost 11 MONTHS for my HUSBAND'S visa. Don't think your experience as a teenager will be any easier.

And save the potty mouth for your high school friends. It's not needed here.
                        Take your smart arse somewhere else. It's not needed here.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                          Just because you turn 18 doesn't magically make you an adult/responsible.
                          No but it does give me more of an opportunity to get a job, I know places have turned me down because I've been under the age of 18 so that's gonna help.

Comment

Take your smart arse somewhere else. It's not needed here.
                            Really? I'm pretty sure I know way more about visas than you. Especially since you came to US asking for advice. If you don't like it, I suggest you take your "arse" somewhere else.

Comment

No but it does give me more of an opportunity to get a job, I know places have turned me down because I've been under the age of 18 so that's gonna help.
                              I dare say a college education will give you better opportunities than being 18 will.

Comment

Really? I'm pretty sure I know way more about visas than you. Especially since you came to US asking for advice. If you don't like it, I suggest you take your "arse" somewhere else.
                                Yeah I came asking for advice and help, not for people to start constantly reminding me I'm a child. one person stating that it's going to be hard because of my age is enough, thank you.
                                Go get angry with someone who's not on the internet, and you seem to be the one who's acting like a child, so I'm politely asking you to leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X