First time flyer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunflower12110 View Post
    I feel dumb for not knowing this stuff, but I guess you only learn if you ask.
    I don't believe I'll get a non-stop flight. Do you just wait in the waiting area until the next flight is ready to take off
    Don't feel dumb! You are so correct! Its way better to ask then find out the hard way. Besides you want your trip to see your SO to be stress-free so you can better enjoy your time together.

Most likely you'll have to go to another gate. Check the screens in the airport you fly into to connect. It will tell you where your next flight flies out of. Then you're totally right -- just go to that gate and wait. Listen for possible gate change announcements. Sometime they do change the gates after they are assigned. If you aren't sure, don't hesitate to ask the airline staff at the gate podiums.

Safe travels!
    Last edited by Thad; February 6, 2011, 06:08 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes

Comment

I figured I would ask here rather than learn while it's happening. I'd hate to be the one to hold everything up. I want things to go as smoothly as possible. Thanks again!

Comment

Definitely check the gate screen things. You may not be around if they announce a change in the gate or they may change it last minute.
        I just remembered something else that may help you with wanting to just take stuff as carry-ons. You're allowed a personal item and a purse. I always take a small rolling suitcase and a backpack. The backpack counts as your purse. This was especially helpful last time I went to visit my SO and my checked luggage didn't make it so I was living out of just the things in my carry-ons. Just be sure to have the crucial things in your carry-on. I hope that helps.
        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
        Made it official: September 17, 2010
        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
        Got married: November 21, 2012
        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I didn't know about that. Thank you.

Does anyone know what the standard size that is allowed for a carry-on is?

Comment

Totally depends on the airline, It should state on their website. The dimensions will include pockets and wheels - to ensure the whole thing fits into the overhead bin.

Generally theres not a weight limit they just state "as long as you can lift it into the overhead bin unaided" - make sure you can. Unless you want to be really cheeky and smile nicely at a strongish looking person behind you! (I do this all the time)
            Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

I know that is really difficult when you're sitting on the plane for the first time. you have so many questions at a time and you feel so nervous because you did not know that what will gona happen. I hope you will find a nice advice or something that will be helpful for me and not only for that will helpful for everyone on this forum.

Comment

Working...
              X