No announcement yet.

The aftermath of a visit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It varies from person to person. For me, I've been through the post-visit blues more than 10 times already, so I cope a little easier. I can be back to normal by the 2nd day. The day he leaves or after he leaves kills me, but I am usually able to get back into a routine pretty quickly. But, it does hurt.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by redapple View Post
      hmmm, i wonder if there's a correlation between how long it takes people to get over a visit and how often they visit. I dont get the chance to visit often (every 4months its looking like!) so maybe thats why it took me so long, that or maybe im too emotional for my own good! Its interesting to see how much it varies!
      The longer the visit, the more bittersweet it is. The irony of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
        I'd say there is a correlation for me, when I leave him/go through that sad stage after a visit I'm not just sad to say goodbye but KNOWING it will be months before I get to see/touch him again adds so much more weight to the sadness.

We once had a trip where it was a month between when I left him and when he visited me (we had family holiday plans together), it was awesome and definitely one of the easiest goodbyes/sadness after a trip I've had.

ETP - forgot to quote redapple there! lol
        I think thats KEY. Knowing and discussing when the next visit will be. Without it... leads to frustration, anxiety, and sadness. Nothing to look forward too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
          I'd say there is a correlation for me, when I leave him/go through that sad stage after a visit I'm not just sad to say goodbye but KNOWING it will be months before I get to see/touch him again adds so much more weight to the sadness.

We once had a trip where it was a month between when I left him and when he visited me (we had family holiday plans together), it was awesome and definitely one of the easiest goodbyes/sadness after a trip I've had.

ETP - forgot to quote redapple there! lol
          I agree with this completely! My lat goodbye was a lot better than I expected, mostly because I have the next visit (and longest visit at that) already in the process of being planned. Along with that, we have some CTD plans in place as well.

Comment

For me, It always depends on how long I visit for. There are some times when I only visit for a couple days, and then it only takes a day or so to get back into the routine, but when we visit for several weeks, it takes quite a bit longer to get used to sleeping alone again and not constantly turning around to show him something or say something to him.

Comment

I agree that making plans to see each other again helps the most. I thought I would be devastated when he left, and although I'm sad, I know I only have to make it 4 months until we're together. (CD!!!) (As opposed to 8 months last time before his visit.)

Comment

Our last goodbye was really difficult as we had no idea when we'd be seeing each other again - it turned out to be 7 months later. I cried for days. It took me about 2 or 3 weeks to get back into the swing of things.

Comment

Usually for me it takes a couple of days...the first day is by far the worst. After we get back into our normal routine then things are usually fine!

Comment

Working...
                  X