Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MEETING TOMORROW! :D The day has finalled arrived...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEETING TOMORROW! :D The day has finalled arrived...

Yup! My plane leaves in about 10 and a half hours. Will be leaving for the airport in about 6 After boarding my plane, I'll be meeting my SO for the first time around some 24 hours later... hopefully! I know I asked for snow, but it has decided to arrive a little late, and only began snowing yesterday, which is causing some cancellations and delays in train and flight travel.

My SO will be catching a train down to his Mum's in Stockholm today and staying the night, ready to pick me up from the airport tomorrow. My flight leaves at night, so hoping to get plenty of sleep on the plane! First flight is 14 and a half hours to Dubai, for a 2 hour stop over before another 7 hour flight (and that was one of the shortest flights and stopovers! The things we do for love xD). I *should* arrive in Stockholm around midday, so will get the spend the day in the city with my SO and his Mum, before taking another 3 hour train trip back to his Dad's where we will spend the next 3 weeks and Christmas. We will then spend the next 3 weeks with his Mum for New Years and a Harry Potter convention! xD

So yeah, all very exciting! I am beginning to feel completely sick in the gut with nerves! Not so much about meeting my SO and his family (as nerve-wracking as it is) but more the whole first-interntional-flight-by-myself. I'm completely paranoid I'm going to end up stranded at Dubai what with these snow storms. Which wouldn't be so bad I guess, because it'll be the airline's responsibility to put me on another flight or arrange accommodation, but still, not something I want to have to worry about, I just wanna get to Sweden! xD Don't know if anyone's ever had that experience before? How did it go?

You will probably hear from my SO when he wakes up and after I leave - or at least, when I arrive! We hope to update this thread maybe about once a week and share photos and stuff so we're not weighing down other threads. Now I really must go and do the rest of my last-minute packing! Despite 6 weeks, winter gear, Christmas presents and first-overseas-packing-trip, I seem to be about 12kg under the limit! xD (Allowed 30kg in suitcase, 7kg in carry on). See you all in Sweden!!!
    Last edited by SmileyK; December 6, 2013, 10:54 PM.

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
    Started Dating - 08.11.12
    First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
    Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    22 / 60

Wow, the weight limit is 30 kg for checked in luggage?! That's crazy!!
    I spent 3 weeks with my SO this past summer and the weight luggage was 50kg.. I was right on 50kg and overweight on my way home, haha!

But regardless..
    YAYYY! I hope you have a wonderful first meeting tomorrow(ish)!!
    [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
    became official: 28.03.11
    first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
    second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
    our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
    third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
    fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
    surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
    viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
    jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
    my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post
      I spent 3 weeks with my SO this past summer and the weight luggage was 50kg.. I was right on 50kg and overweight on my way home, haha!

But regardless..
      If I'm not mistaken air canada considers bags over 23kg overweight. I've never had an issue with going over, and I can never figure out what people are carrying around that might weigh so much lol. Why did your luggage weigh 50kg?!

OP: Your trip sounds really exciting and fun. I hope it all goes well for you!!!!

Comment

Wooooo!!! Yay for visits! Please post pics of your trip when you get the chance

Last Christmas, I went to Germany to visit my SO. The day I left to go home, a HUGE snowstorm hit all of Europe, and my flight home was cancelled. By that point, I had flown from Berlin to Dusseldorf. I thought I would have to spend the night at the airport in Dusseldorf, but the airline (Lufthansa) flew me to Paris For the night and set me up with accommodations at a hotel room. I was scared because I was in a completely foreign country all by myself for the night, and I don't speak French. I didn't run into anyone who spoke English, either :/
        But, Somehow I made it to the airport the next morning and finally made it home! It was quite an experience ^^
        I'm sure you'll be fine though. I doubt that will happen to you

Comment

Thanks emsimes! All the more reassuring!

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
          Started Dating - 08.11.12
          First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
          Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          22 / 60

Comment

Have fun!!!!! (and wishing you lots of sleep on the planes!)
            When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
            no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Enjoy your time together.. Hope everything goes well. Also looking forward to updates (and pics ofcourse )
              Have a safe journey...

Comment

Gotta love Emirates, eh.

The storm is gone up in Uppsala so your only concern should be snow now (which shouldn't be much of a concern). The flight is pretty easy as well, just don't be surprised if you can't sleep (It took me a couple of flights to be able to sleep comfortably on a plane).

Lycka till!

Comment

How exciting! Only your meeting and time in Sweden. !!! ^^

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post

But regardless..
                  50 kg!? How do you end up with 50 kgs of luggage in 3 weeks?
                  I've been in Japan for 6 months and still only went with 15 kg of luggage (of course going home it was heavier). The rule about only bringing clothes for one week - no matter how long you're going is the best
                  I've rarely heard of companies that allows more than 30 kg - most only allow 20 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by milaya View Post
                    How exciting! Only your meeting and time in Sweden. !!! ^^

50 kg!? How do you end up with 50 kgs of luggage in 3 weeks?
                    I've been in Japan for 6 months and still only went with 15 kg of luggage (of course going home it was heavier). The rule about only bringing clothes for one week - no matter how long you're going is the best
                    I've rarely heard of companies that allows more than 30 kg - most only allow 20 kg.
                    I also know that most airlines that I've travelled with refuse to accept any single item over 32kg.

Comment

Wooo so exciting ! Have a good trip and a lovely time together

Comment

So finally i got the time to write here!!!

In currently waiting for the third of the four trains i need to take to get to Stockholm, and the first that's not a commuter train. I just hope it won't get delayed or cancelled, since there's a lot of those right now, but according to the traffic information it should still be on time. I will then spend the night with my mother who lives in Stockholm before I go and pick hey up at Arlanda tomorrow. Oh, it's so exciting!!!

Comment

Soooo exciting for you guys! Hope you have a great time and that we'll hear all about your visit ^^

Met online: February 2011
                          Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Sounds very exciting! Hope you have a wonderful time together!

Comment

So happy for the two of you! I'll look forward to updates!
                              So, here you are
                              too foreign for home
                              too foreign for here.
                              Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
                              X