Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, that is so great to hear, AussieAmericanGirl! I love your perspective, and you are right, you have made it through 4 years and I have no doubts you will make it through 2 years. It is a nice feeling to have a bit of a plan and also to see he is serious about the relationship! I am glad you will be able to make real plans now and wish you all the best in your future together.

Comment

I'm glad you got a yes, but I'm sorry it will be so long. Your upbeat attitude is an inspiration, though. I hope something changes, so you two can see each other sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
        I'm glad you got a yes, but I'm sorry it will be so long. Your upbeat attitude is an inspiration, though. I hope something changes, so you two can see each other sooner.
        Me too, but I really can't expect it with his work schedule, and no holiday time. He's actually working longer hours to prepare for retirement. I'm just glad to finally have something to actually plan for. Now I can set some goals for me, and for us, and not be in limbo.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

A bit of an update: recently I mentioned a bit of this in my blog. Recently, he said he wants to come here to America to meet me and spend a holiday with me, not this year, but after he retires. I asked him if he had any idea where, and he said Grand Canyon. Then I mentioned that Las Vegas isn't far from there, either, thinking we might do both. And he said Las Vegas is the perfect place, 24/7 fun. So, unless something changes, that is our goal. It feels good to have something tangible to work toward.

Comment

I think this is freaking awesome working toward something like a meeting (even if it is a ways away) is an incredible incentive so very happy for you
            "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

I thought money was keeping you. But if it is time, and you have it, why dont you go see him?
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                I thought money was keeping you. But if it is time, and you have it, why dont you go see him?
                It's a little more complicated than that. We both have family issues. And I don't have the money, currently, had some financial issues come up in my family. When the time is right, it will all fall into place. But at least now I can make some definite plans, and start working toward the future.

Comment

I admire your patience. I really really do. But I understand that if there is something definate, you can have your mind at peace and you can work towards it. We have nothing definate. All we've had is plans that fell through. That is so hard. First it was the fall, then winter, then in March he already had his trip booked but health issues prevented him from travelling. Then we talked about the summer but it's already summer and we are worse off than ever before. It's hard to be patient and to stay positive when things are like this. He has said we'll be together at Christmas but then if he is not free maybe that turns fake, too. It's not that we are lacking love or commitment, it's the circumstances. That's what connects all of us here and gives me some strength. If others can work it out, there is hope that we can, too. Take care!

Comment

Originally posted by farandaway View Post
                    I admire your patience. I really really do. But I understand that if there is something definate, you can have your mind at peace and you can work towards it. We have nothing definate. All we've had is plans that fell through. That is so hard. First it was the fall, then winter, then in March he already had his trip booked but health issues prevented him from travelling. Then we talked about the summer but it's already summer and we are worse off than ever before. It's hard to be patient and to stay positive when things are like this. He has said we'll be together at Christmas but then if he is not free maybe that turns fake, too. It's not that we are lacking love or commitment, it's the circumstances. That's what connects all of us here and gives me some strength. If others can work it out, there is hope that we can, too. Take care!
                    I'm a bit concerned that he will just keep putting it off. He was supposed to retire this year, but he changed it to next year. And it also depends if he is free. I'm assuming he is, or will be, or he wouldn't even be talking to me about it. He told me before that he would never leave, but he seems to be changing his attitudes about a lot of things. So, things are up in the air, but at least we are talking about it, and that is a big step for us.

Comment

I'm happy for you that things are moving forward, if very slowly. It is good to have a real goal. I'm hoping this works out quicker. I know sometimes my SO will think on something and decide to do it faster than previously planned. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X