Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First meet in a little over 24 hrs O_O

I'm so excited and terrified.

I met my SO over a year ago through a video game and we've been together for about 6 months. Over that time, we've skyped, texted, called and been in pretty consistent contact...it's been pretty great getting to know him and seeing this develop. I'm amazed that a person who I have so much in common with and can have such stimulating conversations with is in my life now. I've never been into OLD or in a LDR. This has been pretty tough.

Tomorrow I will be taking the plane ride to meet him. Tomorrow holds so much possibility. We are both pretty nervous/excited. I've felt like I've missed him before(how do I miss someone I've never even met?) but now that I will be able to hold himand feel him, I know this is going to intensify.

I'm feeling insecure about my weight...he's seen full body pics of me but those were clothed. I got out of a pretty long relationship before he and I got involved and so I haven't been nude in front of a new person in a loooong time. Not to say that I will be naked in front of him for sure during this visit, but we've discussed that as something that is a real possibility . I know, I know, if he loves me if probably won't matter but that still makes me nervous.

Any advice for the first meet jitters or just the experience in general? I don't even know what to wear! We both know there might be some awkwardness initially since we are both pretty introverted...

I'm so excited, I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight.

You sound like I did before I met my SO for the first time! hehe
    The only advice I can really give you is be yourself and let things go with the flow. They will progess naturally as the visit moves along, just let it go at a rate you are both comfortable with. Don't feel the need to jump right in to bed with him right away. Feel the vibe! My SO and I were both pretty nervous too and kinda awkward but that changed pretty quickly and we were just us. And most importantly, relax and have fun! First visits are so exciting!!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I have to agree with Mims. I was totally shy about him seeing me nude, but I let it go because he had before on Skype and video. I taped myself showering for him. I'd not think about that too much and just focus on the fun you're going to have. Just breathe and be you.

Comment

You're going to have so much fun! Don't worry, go with the flow. Nerves are healthy

Comment

I was suuuuper excited this morning. It has transitioned back to pure terror of all of the things that could possibly go wrong. hahahaha

Thanks for your encouragement I cannot wait. I have not been able to focus at all today. My flight is early tomorrow morning. I don't know how I'm going to get to sleep tonight!

I'll be sure to update when I get back next week

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have any advice for the nervousness, as it is completely normal and theres not a whole lot that can be done about it! But I want to wish you good luck. I remember almost throwing up from nerves whilst waiting for my SO at the arrivals gate. Haha. Give yourself a few hours to warm up to each other and just to get familiar with being in each others presence. It's a whole new experience being able to touch them and see them with your own eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by randomnerd View Post
              I'm so excited and terrified.

I met my SO over a year ago through a video game and we've been together for about 6 months. Over that time, we've skyped, texted, called and been in pretty consistent contact...it's been pretty great getting to know him and seeing this develop. I'm amazed that a person who I have so much in common with and can have such stimulating conversations with is in my life now. I've never been into OLD or in a LDR. This has been pretty tough.

Tomorrow I will be taking the plane ride to meet him. Tomorrow holds so much possibility. We are both pretty nervous/excited. I've felt like I've missed him before(how do I miss someone I've never even met?) but now that I will be able to hold himand feel him, I know this is going to intensify.

I'm feeling insecure about my weight...he's seen full body pics of me but those were clothed. I got out of a pretty long relationship before he and I got involved and so I haven't been nude in front of a new person in a loooong time. Not to say that I will be naked in front of him for sure during this visit, but we've discussed that as something that is a real possibility . I know, I know, if he loves me if probably won't matter but that still makes me nervous.

Any advice for the first meet jitters or just the experience in general? I don't even know what to wear! We both know there might be some awkwardness initially since we are both pretty introverted...

I'm so excited, I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight.
              I'm so excited for you! Remember that he will be just as nervous as you... And you two will be just fine. Don't stress so much about what to wear. Remember to breath and let things flow naturally just as they did before. ♥ Good luck!
              From America to India. ♥

Comment

So, I got back last night.

All of my worrying and stress was for nothing. :3 It was pretty amazing.

I wasn't so nervous on the plane, surprisingly. When I got to the baggage claim area, I sent him a text that asking where he was. He responded that he was at a specific carousel. It was the same one I was standing by. Panic struck, could I really not see him?! Was he standing next to me and I didn't recognize him? haha, Luckily, it was just that he was hidden by a sign. We saw each other and hugged. Once we were in the car, it felt like I was visiting someone I've always known. The 5 days I spent with him were incredible. We got along so well it was hard to believe that we had just met in person.

I can't wait to see him again. :3 Thanks guys for your words of advice and encouragement.
                Last edited by randomnerd; September 24, 2014, 08:54 AM.

Comment

So happy to hear you had a great time!!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                  Married April 18th, 2015!!
                  Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

That's so great,I'm so glad that you both had a great time.

Comment

that's awesome sounds like a brilliant first meet

Comment

Yay so glad it all went well.

Comment

Working...
                        X