He got the visa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He got the visa!

My SO just got a text message from the embassy that he got the visa to come from Turkey to Norway for uptil 4 weeks!

I am so happy I can't breathe - I think I am going to cry... This time last year we got a rejection, which I can understand because we were ill prepared and frankly we lied about a couple of things. This time we were completely honest, documented everything, made sure we understood the rules and practiced several times before the interview. And here we are!

Tomorrow morning I will know if me and my husband are allowed to buy our new 3 bedroom flat, which I hope to accomodate SO in too. I feeel so surreal... This is really overwealming

We will have a blast today on Skype trying to determine the flights, I can't wait!
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Congratulations! Fingers crossed for the 3 bedroom flat! I hope y'all get a great one

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
      My SO just got a text message from the embassy that he got the visa to come from Turkey to Norway for uptil 4 weeks!

I am so happy I can't breathe - I think I am going to cry... This time last year we got a rejection, which I can understand because we were ill prepared and frankly we lied about a couple of things. This time we were completely honest, documented everything, made sure we understood the rules and practiced several times before the interview. And here we are!

Tomorrow morning I will know if me and my husband are allowed to buy our new 3 bedroom flat, which I hope to accomodate SO in too. I feeel so surreal... This is really overwealming

We will have a blast today on Skype trying to determine the flights, I can't wait!
      Happy to hear it worked out. You must be giddy if you are looking forward to coordinating flights. LOL
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Congratulations

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
          You must be giddy if you are looking forward to coordinating flights. LOL
          I am actually often giddy when coordinating flights
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
            I am actually often giddy when coordinating flights
            I used to enjoy it, anymore it has become the bane of my existence. Flights mean travel and I guess that is a double edged sword, I should be careful not to anger the travel gods.
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Very happy for you
              So, here you are
              too foreign for home
              too foreign for here.
              Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations, Differentcountries!!

Comment

Woot woot DC!

Comment

Great news!
                      Met Online : July 2013
                      Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                      2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                      3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                      Proposal : December 2014
                      Closed distance : February 2015
                      Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Thanks, everyone

Comment

Yay, congratulations! Enjoy your first time together in Norway
                          My SO will be going for his interview soon, so I can imagine how relieved you are that it's all over with!

Comment

I am happy for you. Super exciting!
                            sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

That's great! Congratulations!
                              To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X