Sim cards for the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim cards for the US?

So last time I was over I got a cellphone with AT&T but I was only there 2 weeks so I kept it on pay as you go. I'm going 6 weeks this time but I'm planning on getting a pay monthly. Does anyone know if there is a way to do it with out a US bank card or address? Can I just pay in advance in radio shack or something?
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

I believe that my SO got a prepaid from Best Buy (not sure what area you're going to, but it's pretty common) that worked well for him. He was able to load a certain amount onto the card and then load more on whenever he was getting close to going over.

Comment

Just don't look for Radio Shack... They went out of business recently.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I heard that before I went there in February, but that's where I brought my cell from. Was hoping to get a pay monthly with unlimited instead of getting a pay as you go this time because I will be using it a lot.

Comment

Maybe Straight Talk would work for you.

https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I'm going to get a calling card and use my UK cellphone as I can use it to call home but not the US as it costs extra but I can use a calling card. I didn't think of doing it that way but my boyfriend said he'd rather I didn't spend lots of money on a call plan when we can just use skype etc. It doesn't cost me to use my phone in the US anymore than my monthly plan, it just costs me to call US numbers ($4 a min) so having a call card is just fine as it's mainly for emergencies anyway.
            Last edited by Ella85; May 22, 2015, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X