What are you plans for your next trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you plans for your next trip?

I mentioned it elsewhere, but I'm going to Europe next summer for an entire month with min kjæreste <3 We are going to a meet up in London for the gaming community we're both a part of then traveling around France, The Netherlands and Germany for a couple weeks, then heading up towards his home in Norway.

The only oddly specific plan we have is getting a padlock, engraving it with out initials then locking it on Hohenzollernbrücke (a bridge in Cologne, Germany thar runs over the Rhein river) and throwing away the keys.

We both love food too so we're probably going to try ALL THE THINGS.

Tell me about your trip plans! Give me ideas for what to see in Europe that's not obvious!

Where are you from?
    You should visit the northern part of Norway to experience the midnight sun, if you haven`t experienced it before

Comment

Originally posted by Kristina88 View Post
      Where are you from?
      You should visit the northern part of Norway to experience the midnight sun, if you haven`t experienced it before
      We might! I wanna see a fjord too. I made him promise to take me to see fjords lol. I'm from muricah.

Comment

Originally posted by staruletto View Post
        We might! I wanna see a fjord too. I made him promise to take me to see fjords lol. I'm from muricah.
        There are fjords all over Norway, as the country is nothing but coastline, but I don't think you will be amazed to see Oslo fjord... Usually people mean the Western Norway fjords. Norway in a Nutshell tours will be a good option to see the Western Norway fjords, like Geiranger fjord https://www.visitnorway.com/en/where...eirangerfjord/ , Sognefjord, Hardangerfjord or Lysefjord.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My bf is visitng my family in Norway over Christmas, I'm going to show him aound my city Bergen, so that involves city center, lots of hiking and skiing Later we are spending one week in Iceland to try to see the northern lights!

Comment

The next trip we're planning is a one or two week stay in Vienna with my parents! I want to show him where I grew up, where I used to bike and where my school was etc. There is a lot of cool things to see in Vienna (and I hope we can take some trips to the surrounding countries, just so he sees them )

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

When I come next time, he will probably not work. We will visit the Turkish capital of Ankara for interview for his Norwegian work visa. A night in a hotel there would be nice too. We have only travelled once together before, and not in Turkey, so I am exited about that
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

So far we have discussed the possibility of visiting Dublin and Paris or somewhere in Scotland. I like visiting castles and historic places most.
                Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

We probably won't do much because neither of us are very tourist-y. But I'll be able to find out whether I make the stereotypical English foods correctly, and feed him fluffy American biscuits for the first time. And while there's not much real culinary difference for us, they don't really do pumpkin or pecan pies there, so I a looking forward to bringing one of each to his family's Christmas dinner. We might also tour some universities since I'm applying soon, and I have a kind of silly and cliche plan to take a bottle of soda or something that we've shared and put some American and British sand and rocks in it.

Seeing castles would be cool though...

Comment

Currently our plans involve working together as if we were permanently living together, and since my SO is taking some classes, I'm not sure how much free time we'll have. He'll probably end up coming home at the end of the day, and we'll eat lunch then flop on the couch and relax until dinner time, then bed shortly after. However, he does plan to take me to the Lofotr Viking Museum, so that'll probably be a getaway for a weekend. We also plan to make some cupcakes for our birthdays, perhaps do some late Christmas celebrations, and do something on New Year's eve together. Not too much sight seeing, but nonetheless, it'll still be an enjoyable visit!
                    "Love, it's not an emotion. Love is a promise!"- The 12th Doctor in Death in Heaven

You need to stop focusing on the "what if" and keep focusing on the "what is."

First Time Meeting: August 10th 2014-August 21st 2014
                    Second Time Meeting: March 13th 2015-March 20th 2015
                    Third Meeting: December 27th 2015-January 21st 2016 (We got engaged!)
                    Fourth Meeting: July 12th-August 25th 2016
                    Fifth Meeting: February 10th-February 28th 2017 (My S/O came to America!)
                    Next Meeting: June 20th-September 17th 2017 (Our longest visit yet!)

Comment

Our plans is for him coming to visit me and my family for awhile. Then when he's heading back to Australia, I will be going with him. I'm going to go on a work visa and get a job so he and I can get a place together. It will be the beginning of our de facto, then a year after that, I will be applying for a partner visa. Things are going to move really quick, but I'm excited and looking forward to seeing what the future will bring us!

Comment

Currently i have no firm plans to be able to visit until the point where she will have been gone for 7 months so to be honest, probably just locking the door on her flat and only surfacing to eat. We will also do some travel around where she lives, as there is an event im planning on going to nearby.

I'd like to be able to surprise her and visit by about month 4 also so hopefully funds will permit that. I want to see her new city and be a part of that excitement.
                        Last edited by BFG; November 11, 2015, 06:56 AM.
                        "And I miss you but, it feels good this way
                        Let’s fall in love somewhere that you'll wanna stay"

Comment

Our current plans are to spend Christmas and New years together. I leave here on December 6th and I come back on January 9th.
                          We wanted to attend some Titanic Exhibition that's going to be opened a few days after I get there.
                          Other than that, I wanted to get some things done like opening a joint bank account and going to speak to immigration so we can get a better handle on what it's going to take for me to move there since we've already gotten married on my last trip there.

Comment

Well, our other plans fell through, so we have a new one.

My SO and I are going to meet each other up in Canada in March (he has some family there) and we're going to be there for maybe a month or so. My mom is coming with me for about a week, that way she's able to meet him. Then the rest of the plans are the same. After Canada, we'll be going back to Australia and we'll get a place together. Also, I will be on the Work and Holiday visa.

Comment

We are heading down to PA for Thanksgiving at the end of the month. I'm excited.
                              I need a little vacation and I'm sure she's excited about seeing her family!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                              Married April 18th, 2015!!
                              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
                              X