Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To visit or not to visit

Hi guys!

My plan was/is to go see my SO in June. I have to finish my master thesis end of May and start my new school in July. So it would be the perfect time for me to go.
    Since Germany and USA are on different semester schedules, he will be working full time in a job he just seated and can't take of because then he wouldn't have enough vacation time for Christmas when he wants to come back to visit me.
    He might have a little more time end of May but everyone who wrote a big paper like master thesis knows that even 11 days can make a huge difference and I would be under even more pressure.

Any advices? Everything is welcome thank you
    sigpic

Every lovestory is beautiful, but ours is my favorite. <3

Sounds like a good plan, if you have the money.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My SO has to work when I visit he can't take time off. just find something else to do in the day.
      Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
      All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

That's what I am thinking. But he lives pretty far off anything (more like country side) and he has to go to work by car...maybe I can just drop him off and do other stuff Thanks guys, I think I'll book my flights soon.
        sigpic

Comment

Go visit him in June as planned if you can swing it and if it's not possible try & see him when both your schedules are more stable.
          CLOSED THE DISTANCE FINALLY ON MAY 6, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Loveyoumore View Post
            ... if it's not possible try & see him when both your schedules are more stable.
            Well the problem is that we couldn't make it work any other time this year until christmas....and i don't want to wait more than 11 months.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KansasPrincess View Post
              Well the problem is that we couldn't make it work any other time this year until christmas....and i don't want to wait more than 11 months.
              Well I say visit him instead of waiting it out til Christmas.
              CLOSED THE DISTANCE FINALLY ON MAY 6, 2017

Comment

Go whenever you can!!! My SO is working next week and I will be down visiting. He will take a day off, but the thought that we can go to sleep and wake up every day together makes it all worthwhile. I will take his car and go run amuck during the day, so we can kinda be like normal peoples.
                Enjoy your time together!!

Comment

Do it. Any time is better than no time.

Comment

Do it! You can still do your own thing but spend time with him when he's off.

Comment

My SO usually works when I visit. Since he has so long hours, I try to hang at his job if possible. I have hung at his beach restaurant job for 2 years...and visited the spa place where he now works (I even got free treatments). If not possible to hang at/close to his work, just find something else to do. I like to cook, do yoga and study when I am there.
                      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I would go and visit! Even if it's just for the evenings and the weekends!
                        That's better than nothing.

I've had experience with being home alone whilst my SO was working and I would give you the advice to be prepared.
                        Maybe before you go, you can look up some things you want to do/see/work on? It's great that you have a car to use (right?). At least you will have some freedome.
                        But... Sleeping in and watching some series or reading a book will also make a big difference.
                        You don't want to end up being annoyed because you're bored all day. But then again, I don't know you, so you might be able to handle it very well

Comment

Thanks guys for sharing I just booked my flight and it was pretty cheap for a transatlatical flight (633€/$688/477pound)
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow that's a bargain!!!! Well done!!!

Comment

My SO came while I was in school. I had exams at the time, so I was having some long days at classes and then coming home and studying. It was an AMAZING feeling coming home to some hugs and kisses and a hot meal. He also brought me lunch a bunch of days. It wasn't ideal, but we had some time together and we always had the nights to watch a movie or whatever else. So from your SO's perspective, it might be very nice for you to have dinner on the table when he's walking in or maybe bring him lunch? From your perspective, I would be perfectly happy reading all day and making dinner! Quite the break from my normal life!

Comment

Working...
                              X