LDR's within the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR's within the UK

Is anyone on here in a relationship from he UK with someone from the UK?

My boyfriend is from the north of England and I live in the south, 272 miles away. Everyone seems to have relationships in another country, but I find it as hard to not to be with my SO than if they were in another country.

Anyone else in this situation?
    Last edited by kirsten119229; January 28, 2016, 02:54 AM. Reason: spelling

There are couples here living within the same country and others are international. We have a mix of everything.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Good to know I'm not the only one

We have only been together a week. I'm emjoying reading threads form more experienced people in LDR's.

Thanks for replying

Comment

I live in the North and my boyfriend lives in the Midlands. It's 3 hours away by car, except I don't have a car and can't just go and see him on a whim due to cost. Our distance is 170 miles. I think it's fine to say it feels like they're in another country, the distance does feel huge sometimes despite the fact it's the same country. I find myself missing him so much sometimes, and other days I'm ok.

Comment

Oh come on, Britain is tiny. The L in LDR isn't even that L!
          "And I miss you but, it feels good this way
          Let’s fall in love somewhere that you'll wanna stay"

Comment

Originally posted by BFG View Post
            272 miles is far enough for us. it's a 6 hour drive. My SO works 7 days a week and trains and petrol are expensive. I think I can safely say that 272 miles IS an LDR. The fact that you suggest it isnt is a tiny bit a bit rude

Comment

Originally posted by honeybunny View Post
              I live in the North and my boyfriend lives in the Midlands. It's 3 hours away by car, except I don't have a car and can't just go and see him on a whim due to cost. Our distance is 170 miles. I think it's fine to say it feels like they're in another country, the distance does feel huge sometimes despite the fact it's the same country. I find myself missing him so much sometimes, and other days I'm ok.
              Thanks for replying

I miss my SO so much. Sometimes I get annoyed that I can't afford to just get on a train and see him. It's good to iknow i'm not the only one who feels like this

How long have you two been together? How often do you get to see eachother?

Comment

Britain looks small on a map, but travelling inside it can actually be quite a long distance. I suppose it's all about what you are used to. If you live in a big country then Britain is gonna seem really small.

Originally posted by kirsten119229 View Post
                Thanks for replying

I miss my SO so much. Sometimes I get annoyed that I can't afford to just get on a train and see him. It's good to iknow i'm not the only one who feels like this

How long have you two been together? How often do you get to see eachother?
                I know what you mean about trains, they're so expensive. I've tried to even get advance tickets and they're coming up over £100.

Well we met in September last year and made it official in November, so it's almost 3 months. My first visit to him was last month. I rented a car and drove down. I loved that as I really enjoy driving and I didn't feel too tired doing it. We decided to leave a month gap and I'm going again next week. This time I'm going on a coach that's costing me £20 return which is really good, I just find coaches incredibly uncomfortable on long journeys :-(

We may leave a longer gap after this visit to save money, but we have stuff coming up this year. We have been invited to a wedding in September and we have EGX, a gaming event, also in September.

Comment

It's not as small as you think.

There's a few UK/USA relationships too (mine included), and UK/other places, and I know there's a lady in a Scotland/Ireland LDR too.
                  Last edited by Honour; February 5, 2016, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Are you kidding me? Posts like these always make me cringe. This isn't a competition. Even if someone's SO lived in the next city and they had no way to travel to each other regularly that'd be an LDR. Don't you dare invalidate anyone else's feelings here. We're a support forum after all! OP: I can totally imagine you feeling like this, it doesn't matter that your distance is 'smaller' than some others here, you're just as welcome

Comment

*wave*

OH is in Ireland. Geographically not all that far but the ferry leaves from Stranraer and Troon which is about 3 hours by train for me, planes are easier and usually cheaper except during Irish holidays or rugby / football events.

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
                        Are you kidding me? Posts like these always make me cringe. This isn't a competition. Even if someone's SO lived in the next city and they had no way to travel to each other regularly that'd be an LDR. Don't you dare invalidate anyone else's feelings here. We're a support forum after all! OP: I can totally imagine you feeling like this, it doesn't matter that your distance is 'smaller' than some others here, you're just as welcome
                        Well said. It's belittling the situation when there's no need for it. As you said we come here for support.

Comment

Originally posted by honeybunny View Post
                          Britain looks small on a map, but travelling inside it can actually be quite a long distance. I suppose it's all about what you are used to. If you live in a big country then Britain is gonna seem really small.

I know what you mean about trains, they're so expensive. I've tried to even get advance tickets and they're coming up over £100.

Well we met in September last year and made it official in November, so it's almost 3 months. My first visit to him was last month. I rented a car and drove down. I loved that as I really enjoy driving and I didn't feel too tired doing it. We decided to leave a month gap and I'm going again next week. This time I'm going on a coach that's costing me £20 return which is really good, I just find coaches incredibly uncomfortable on long journeys :-(

We may leave a longer gap after this visit to save money, but we have stuff coming up this year. We have been invited to a wedding in September and we have EGX, a gaming event, also in September.

The National Express coaches aren't actually too bad, they're pretty comfy seats. It just depends on the traffic so much.

Travelling around the UK is a nightmare at times and can be expensive. It's also worth looking at first class train tickets, I've done Leeds-Liverpool a few times with work and it's actually been cheaper to buy two first class singles than a return.

Comment

Also, did you see this article a week or so ago...https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...ing-via-berlin

Sometimes to get from one end of the UK to the other it can be cheaper to fly to mainland Europe!

Comment

Yeah it is cheaper for me to go to Europe than it is to get a bus/train/flight to Scotland. Prices are ridiculous. That being said my SO is in the US. Any distance is hard. Especially when transportation in the UK is very expensive compared to a lot of other countries and the roads are terrible.
                              Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                              All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Working...
                              X